• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

They also didn't shoot Supergirl with green kryptonite darts because they didn't know how it would react with the red kryptonite.

They shot her instead with the "cure" developed by Lord.

They also didn't shoot Supergirl with green kryptonite darts because they didn't know how it would react with the red kryptonite.

I already said that and please keep it in spoiler tags for this thread. (thumbs u We must protect our poor overseas friends.

She's a very good actress which helps and so is Cat. My husband asked if she had trouble moving her mouth. I think it's part of the character.

but

Now I'm all worried about Hank. I like Hank..Maybe the Justice League will save him, or Superman? He's trusted

She's a very good actress which helps and so is Cat. My husband asked if she had trouble moving her mouth. I think it's part of the character.

but

Now I'm all worried about Hank. I like Hank..Maybe the Justice League will save him, or Superman? He's trusted

Me too but am also excited.

Hank is integral (at least so far) and this isn't Game Of Thrones (at least so far) so I bet it will be a cool storyline that may end up freeing Hank of some of his need to stay hidden.)

I'm guessing the theme of the episode was Kara growing "confidence" in herself.

Granted it was because of the red Kryptonite, but things were done and said. Cardigans were torched. lol Even Demi Lovaio's "Confidence" blared at the nightclub!

But, thanks to all the discussion on here this morning, I'm back on board to finish the season. This really is a great show with a big heart.

I already said that and please keep it in spoiler tags for this thread. (thumbs u We must protect our poor overseas friends.

Thanks, Pov :foryou:

I know I shouldn't look but I always find myself back in this thread...

I'm guessing the theme of the episode was Kara growing "confidence" in herself.

[NOT READING THAT BIT IN SPOILER TAGS!]

But, thanks to all the discussion on here this morning, I'm back on board to finish the season. This really is a great show with a big heart.

(thumbs u

lol

This is so true. I try to be sensitive to Mr. Batman, as the poor fellow is getting all our excitement early on before he can even get to these precious episodes.

Sorry, buddy.

:foryou:

Cool :cool:

Place your bets please... ;)

tumblr_nivpl1J6LC1rkf7eko2_400.gif

Yep, as much as I love SG, I think Flash will always be the fastest...

As much as I love the Supergirl universe and how great this show has become, Barry is the King of Speed (and a great show as well).

:whee:

. I try to be sensitive to Mr. Batman, as the poor fellow is getting all our excitement early on before he can even get to these precious episodes.

Sorry, buddy.

Yeah. I can't even conceive of what this must be like for Bats! :(

Well, for a couple of your points point I'll play the SA DC letter page answers game (aka In Retrospect):

They did not want to use Green K because they knew she was already under Red K and did not know how a double dose would impact her. As regards her going free and Hank imprisoned, she already is a known quantity (force for good) and it was klnown she was under the influence of Red K.

In Jonn's case, the knowledge that he was impersonating Hank was a revelation that opened up such questions as "What happened to Hank?" "Did you kill Hank?" "Who/what are you?" etc. Outside of Kara, Jonn and Alex, wjho knew the truth, the the real Hank was still a good guy. So why was this alien impersonating him?

(Just saw Zos's reply as I had watched a bit of the ep again while I was composing)

In watching the episode, my first reaction was...

why are they not using Kryptonite weapons, since we know full well the DEO has them as Aunt Astra found out (R.I.C.P.).

But like you folks pointed out, the DEO was also aware she was poisoned with Red Kryptonite. So it could be a hazard mixing the two. Which made sense in thinking it through what they were dealing with.

Sometimes you just have to enjoy these shows, versus hunting to find a creative itch to scratch so you can complain about it later. And with a show like this, the creative team has proven they can deliver.

I still think the Cat Grant scene was great!

You could see the fear in her face when Supergirl stood over her.

:ohnoez:

That scene was priceless and unexpected. I was cracking up. Kat Grant tried to act like it was no big deal, but in reality you would be cleaning your drawers out big time if you didn't have a heart attack on the way down.

. I try to be sensitive to Mr. Batman, as the poor fellow is getting all our excitement early on before he can even get to these precious episodes.

Sorry, buddy.

Ya know...Bats CAN use torrent sites to get these episodes at the same time we are this side of the pond.....sorta the way I used to grab Dr. Who eps before they were aired here. Point being, there's no reason to suffer in the 21st century....especially if it's broadcast television. It's available everywhere there's internet within a few minutes of the original broadcast typically.

lol

This is so true. I try to be sensitive to Mr. Batman, as the poor fellow is getting all our excitement early on before he can even get to these precious episodes.

Sorry, buddy.

Thanks buddy :)

I just can't stay away from this thread! It's my fav thread on the boards... it was the one that stopped me lurking in the Registry forum ;)

Sorry, buddy.

It's like buying a copy of Action Comics #252 in instalments and having to wait 6 months before you get it :cry:

Sorry, buddy.

Ya know...Bats CAN use torrent sites to get these episodes at the same time we are this side of the pond.....sorta the way I used to grab Dr. Who eps before they were aired here. Point being, there's no reason to suffer in the 21st century....especially if it's broadcast television. It's available everywhere there's internet within a few minutes of the original broadcast typically.

Yeah, I could... but I don't do torrents :eek: I like TV shows to be broadcast or come in disc form... a nice quality picture (thumbs u

And unfortunately, there's nothing 21st Century about my internet connection... I might as well be on dial up ;)lol

Sorry, buddy.

Yeah, I could... but I don't do torrents :eek: I like TV shows to be broadcast or come in disc form... a nice quality picture (thumbs u

And unfortunately, there's nothing 21st Century about my internet connection... I might as well be on dial up ;)lol

Not only that but Supergirl would frown on torrents! (thumbs u