• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

Her costume and The Flash's look ridiculous next to each other after seeing Bats and Supes this weekend.

A good chunk of the episode looked ridiculous. The acting on evil duo was just horrible. I liked the idea of a Supergirl Flash race, but the terrible Supergirl effects made me blush for the FX team. :blush:

The humorous dialog was cute.

But I really liked the energy Grant Gustin brings. Love his enthusiasm. I can't help but smile when he comes on screen. :)

Still worth watching for that alone.

Edited by Rip

Her costume and The Flash's look ridiculous next to each other after seeing Bats and Supes this weekend.

Interesting perspective, because I thought how superior the Supergirl and Flash costumes are over Superman's and Batman's.

Superman's costume when he's fighting has that $&!@? fake CGI cape that is so long it's a wonder he doesn't trip over himself. The rest of the costume has a silly amount of fake muscle mass in it, more than what we saw in MOS. Then there's Batman's. Although maybe the best Bats costume out of the eight or so Bats movies (which doesn't say much), it still tries so hard to out do itself that it's distracting to look at (stubby ears on the head cowl; oversized Bat emblem on the chest (why not write "BAT" in big letters across the chest instead?); and all that artsy criss-cross "stuff" on the tunic). Unlike Superman's, at least they got the colors right on Batman's.

I had a chance to watch this week's episode last night. FANTASTIC!

:whee:

Seeing the main characters from two of my favorite shows together was such a great experience. Add to this a story that made it worth bringing them together, and this only added to the positive experience.

:applause:

That was funny how Cat Grant figured out he was The Flash. Yet she can so quickly pass up Kara being Supergirl.

:ohnoez:

Seeing the main characters from two of my favorite shows together was such a great experience. Add to this a story that made it worth bringing them together, and this only added to the positive experience.

That was funny how Cat Grant figured out he was The Flash. Yet she can so quickly pass up Kara being Supergirl.

Remember that Cat has seen Supergirl and Kara together when Kara had Jonn imitate herself.

That said, I think Cat knows Kara is Supergirl but supports her.

Remember that Cat has seen Supergirl and Kara together when Kara had Jonn imitate herself.

Cat should have her ex-husband make a cameo on the show and it be Harrison Ford.

doh!

You are probably right.

A good chunk of the episode looked ridiculous. The acting on evil duo was just horrible. I liked the idea of a Supergirl Flash race, but the terrible Supergirl effects made me blush for the FX team. :blush:

The humorous dialog was cute.

But I really liked the energy Grant Gustin brings. Love his enthusiasm. I can't help but smile when he comes on screen. :)

Still worth watching for that alone.

Silver banshee looked beyond stupid. I can't believe they did that.

With that said, i liked the whole multiverse, yaddah yaddah, idea. Unclear if Flash world has Superman, but no Supergirl? Do they have Power Girl instead? I have not gotten around to watching the Flash and Green Arrow shows. Does Green Lantern exist in Flashworld?

Now that they have introduced the idea of multiple universes it's time to have Power Girl pop in. That should make for all sorts of hilarity and hijinks.

Silver banshee looked beyond stupid. I can't believe they did that.

I'd agree it's definitely not the best costume from the series however it's fairly close to the comic book...

banshee-copy.jpg

With that said, I liked the whole multiverse... Does Green Lantern exist in Flashworld?

The multiverse idea is a good one. It could lead to some great storylines.

However, I suspect WB have "removed" Green Lantern from live action film/TV and we won't see him outside of his own movie until they've achieved a successful reboot. I also have another theory as to why we didn't see a GL cameo in BvS but hey, this is the wrong thread for that... ;)

Now that they have introduced the idea of multiple universes it's time to have Power Girl pop in. That should make for all sorts of hilarity and hijinks.

And rivalry! Great idea (thumbs u

I watched this episode again yesterday with my wife.

Although the Silver Banshee costume is quite the transformation for Siobhan Smythe, it also fit that ghoully characterization of a banshee.

The banshee is often described in Gaelic lore as wearing red or green, usually with long, disheveled hair. She can appear in a variety of forms. Perhaps most often she is seen as an ugly, frightful hag. But she can also appear as young and beautiful if she chooses. In some tales, the figure who first appears to be a banshee or other cailleach (hag) is later revealed to be the Irish battle goddess, the Morrígan.

So it worked for us.

Has anyone else heard that Tom Welling is coming back to play Superman in a 2 episode Supergirl/Flash crossover next season?

I'm not sure if it's true but I'd like to see it happen.

Edited by chezmtghut

Has anyone else heard that Tom Welling is coming back to play Superman in a 2 episode Supergirl/Flash crossover next season?

:o

Will Tom Welling Reprise Superman On Supergirl?

Well, Tom Welling, who played Clark Kent for a decade on Smallville, has some thoughts on coming back to reprise the role. As he put it:

"There's people who would like it. There's people who don't like it, but I will tell you that no one has ever asked me to do it. So, I don't know. It would be kind of odd. I don't know who he is at that point."

We've talked about it a few times here over the past few months. But no news has come out other than than interview with Tom Welling.

hm

Well, Tom Welling, who played Clark Kent for a decade on Smallville, has some thoughts on coming back to reprise the role. As he put it:

"There's people who would like it. There's people who don't like it, but I will tell you that no one has ever asked me to do it. So, I don't know. It would be kind of odd. I don't know who he is at that point."

We've talked about it a few times here over the past few months. But no news has come out other than than interview with Tom Welling.

hm

Might as well reprise Erica Durance as Lois Lane. :cloud9:

hm

Might as well reprise Erica Durance as Lois Lane. :cloud9:

+1

I doubt they would bring Lois back also, but I would love to see that happen.

You do know that this was an April Fool's joke, right? :lol:

There was an article on another site making it sound real, I guess this guy did a video on it -- I thought it was real at first too, but of course it was just a cruel joke! :cry:

There was an article on another site making it sound real, I guess this guy did a video on it -- I thought it was real at first too, but of course it was just a cruel joke! :cry:

:cry: That was pretty cruel. I was so excited about what the video said that I didn't even bother to check the comments. :cry:

Edited by chezmtghut

:cry: That was pretty cruel. I was so excited about what the video said that I didn't even bother to check the comments. :cry:

:(

I have to agree. After finally watching Smallville last year, I can now understand why the excitement over Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum (Lex). And yes - Erica Durance too.

Especially since the show creators are nuts over all these shows, I'm hoping Smallville gets its due in addition to Brainiac.

:wishluck: