• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

Loved the last show. JJ reveal gave me goosebumps!

DC is killin it on tv.

This thread has so much positive in it, the outpouring of positive is overwhelming.

:whee:

Indeed! It'd be nice if more threads could take an example from this one, and be a little more positive.

:sumo:

DC is killin it on tv.

This thread has so much positive in it, the outpouring of positive is overwhelming.

Indeed! It'd be nice if more threads could take an example from this one, and be a little more positive.

haha, if more shows were universally well liked there'd be more universally positive threads.

I think with this show, it is what it is from the beginning, no pre-text, no finding its way. They've done a good set up to let people know what they're in for, and people who are into it will watch it and like it. And those that don't like it either won't watch it or will say, "It's not for me, but I appreciate what they're going for." Many of the other comic shows have spent time finding their tone and consistency, often to their detriment and confusing viewers with violence, intensity, grittiness, drama, soap operaness, campiness, etc. The actress is well cast here and sets the tone to 'likeable'. Which works well for the channel, for its timeslot, and for many comic fans who are tired of the 'heaviness' of many comic related fare.

Also not too many shows with a triple female lead, but as you can see when it works, it works.

DC is killin it on tv.

haha, if more shows were universally well liked there'd be more universally positive threads.

I think with this show, it is what it is from the beginning, no pre-text, no finding its way. They've done a good set up to let people know what they're in for, and people who are into it will watch it and like it. And those that don't like it either won't watch it or will say, "It's not for me, but I appreciate what they're going for." Many of the other comic shows have spent time finding their tone and consistency, often to their detriment and confusing viewers with violence, intensity, grittiness, drama, soap operaness, campiness, etc. The actress is well cast here and sets the tone to 'likeable'. Which works well for the channel, for its timeslot, and for many comic fans who are tired of the 'heaviness' of many comic related fare.

Also not too many shows with a triple female lead, but as you can see when it works, it works.

.... Well said..... GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

...... and I'm sorry, but I'm truly disappointed that there is no ASM show on Network T.V. yet....... what a short sighted waste.

DC is killin it on tv.

...... and I'm sorry, but I'm truly disappointed that there is no ASM show on Network T.V. yet....... what a short sighted waste.

a property tied up in to much legal mumbo jumbo.

DC is killin it on tv.

I agree - and I also agree ASM would make for some fabulous TV :headbang:

I watched episode 7 last night...

There's a spoiler tag for a reason. Don't say you weren't warned...

Having seen J'onn J'onzz was coming into the series, it wasn't a great surprise to find out it was Hank. It was great character introduction though :) J'onn J'onzz... Martian Manhunter... You couldn't ask for a better supporting superhero character...

Kinaweome :whee:

Supergirl just gets better and better.

I watched episode 7 last night...

There's a spoiler tag for a reason. Don't say you weren't warned...

Having seen J'onn J'onzz was coming into the series, it wasn't a great surprise to find out it was Hank. It was great character introduction though :) J'onn J'onzz... Martian Manhunter... You couldn't ask for a better supporting superhero character...

Kinaweome :whee:

Supergirl just gets better and better.

I agree 100%.

Why did the scene with Kara and Jimmy focus for a moment on this extra?

gsjOnzZ.png

I've seen him before in other productions. I just can't remember if ever had anything to do with a previous Superman, Supergirl or other comic book production.

gsjOnzZ.png

Interesting... maybe a Maxwell Lord employee listening in on that all important conversation?

I've seen him before in other productions. I just can't remember if ever had anything to do with a previous Superman, Supergirl or other comic book production.

He's not instantly recognisable these days... Chris O'Donnell has let himself go a bit ;)

gsjOnzZ.png

I thought that that was strange as well.

gsjOnzZ.png

I thought that that was strange as well.

I just rewatched the clip and he seems to disappear before they start talking about losing her powers. That's my theory out the window...

video.tvinnotime.com@628f5b19-f2f8-3d4b-b48d-0397f2cc3f7f_FULL.png

Supergirl drains her powers with the solar flare. However that wouldn't change her molecular structure, which is far denser than a human's. Would she break an arm by falling over...? hm

Supergirl drains her powers with the solar flare. However that wouldn't change her molecular structure, which is far denser than a human's. Would she break an arm by falling over...? hm

No. The molecular density of her Kryptonian physiology as manifested on Earth would afford a peak tolerance condition resulting in a lateral drift, thereby preventing a broken or even fractured arm.

No. The molecular density of her Kryptonian physiology as manifested on Earth would afford a peak tolerance condition resulting in a lateral drift, thereby preventing a broken or even fractured arm.

I love these explanations, thank you Dr Pov;) :foryou:

I love these explanations, thank you Dr Pov;) :foryou:

Thanks Pov, great answer (thumbs u