• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

Loved it, but I did guess...I could have skipped the part of the episode without her powers though.

Green for Jonn...they did a great job with that;)

Welcome to the boards :applause:

Watched the show last night after a follow-up with last week's show (taped it before). Great effects with Red Tornado and Supergirl fight, the scene of her heat vision with her face in anger was the best I've seen. Right from the comics straight!

:cloud9: then this last night ... At the ending. Hark revealed as Jonn J'onzz? Didn't see that until I watched Hark explained what happened to her father ... I soon realized where it is going. I said no... Way? It was awesome to see him shapeshift into the Martian!

Should I say that could be the beginning of Justice Leaque for TV sometimes in near future? :wishluck:

Who saw that coming? (worship)

They've been showing his red eyes for many episodes now (making you suspect a bad guy)-- makes me want to go back and rewatch everything again.

I knew the instant I saw him.

(shrug)

1st episode? How? Just intuition...? Never even crossed my mind (although admittedly, I haven't invested too much effort on watching). Glowing red eyes were giveaway in hindsight I guess.

The glowing red eyes for me was what did it, but it was also the way the guy spoke.

Great, great episode. After you're left stunned with the Martian Manhunter revelation, then Supergirl is flying, happy look on her face, everything is peachy again for 3 seconds, then WHAM!!, she gets blind-sided by the Fort Rozz Kryptonians, and the episode ends with her out-numbered 3 Kryptonians (including her beatch Aunt) to 1. I really couldn't care less about what happens in (and how Zack Synder will screw up) Superman v. Batman or Batman v. Superman (feat. Wonder Woman). Supergirl is killing it on multiple levels.

Will it be up to the Martian Manhunter to save her next week?

I hope so!

I actually hope she can get out of it on her own. She can't go around being saved by other male aliens (superman, martian manhunter, calista flockhart) everytime she's in a jam. Additionally, I think they have to tease out the Alex know-but-not-telling-the-secret angle for a bit longer.

Also, at some point this season (or the first ep of next season), look for Jonn Jonzz to protect Supergirl's identity by impersonating her, much like Supergirl did for Clark Kent after Superman died and returned (apparently that Supergirl was a shape-shifter, AND in love with Lex Luthor).

I hope we see more of the MM and he becomes a mentor to Supergirl. That could set this show over the top. Don't know how much the special effects cost to put him on screen. I read where they said King Shark cost too much to be back on Flash.

Watched the show last night after a follow-up with last week's show (taped it before). Great effects with Red Tornado and Supergirl fight, the scene of her heat vision with her face in anger was the best I've seen. Right from the comics straight!

:cloud9: then this last night ... At the ending. Hark revealed as Jonn J'onzz? Didn't see that until I watched Hark explained what happened to her father ... I soon realized where it is going. I said no... Way? It was awesome to see him shapeshift into the Martian!

Should I say that could be the beginning of Justice Leaque for TV sometimes in near future? :wishluck:

v1f3q.jpg

I had a feeling this show was only going to get better. After two pages of excitement, it would appear that to be the case.

I hope we see more of the MM and he becomes a mentor to Supergirl. That could set this show over the top. Don't know how much the special effects cost to put him on screen. I read where they said King Shark cost too much to be back on Flash.

Remember back then when they tried to create the first Flash series on TV? They had complained how expensive to create "super speed" effects. And now they are saying how expensive to create King Shark? Wonder what are they saying about "super speed" effects and super-feats now? Too much cost?

All I know is that I wanna see more of that every week! :sumo:

If I read through the whole of this thread will it be full of comic book angst?

Hardly! It's been quite refreshing compared to 'my hero never wore spandex with 1.5 to 1.32 g/cc density and a red that is ever so slightly off from the comic book I am holding up to the screen right now' discussions.

:o

Well... now you mention it, the colour of the green Kryptonite in S1:E2 was two shades lighter than the Kryptonite used in the original Superman movie :mad:

I'm cancelling my Supergirl subscription :sumo:

There's too many spoilers on the last 3 pages. I'll have to start reading this thread with a 3 day delay...

Yeah. I was pretty shocked to see the JJ spoilers being brought up literally the minute after the show finished airing. We really need to put these things in spoiler tags. It just isn't fair. I was so disappointed when I saw these spoilers.

There's too many spoilers on the last 3 pages. I'll have to start reading this thread with a 3 day delay...

Yeah. I was pretty shocked to see the JJ spoilers being brought up literally the minute after the show finished airing. We really need to put these things in spoiler tags. It just isn't fair. I was so disappointed when I saw these spoilers.

Yep... I saw that and smileyfainttd2.gif

Episodes are broadcast on a Thursday over here :taptaptap:

Dont come on here until after you watch Flash tonight. Same thing will happen in Flash's thread.