• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

Great episode! Nice adaption of the great story by Alan Moore! I need to pickup that Superman Annual #11 but can never find it in the wild.

The TV episode is a very pale version of the Moore story. The really only used the Black Mercy and some elements.

wow what a good episode last night i really like the emotional levels it had and the way the story flow. it is one of the best episode in the season so far and i can't wait to see how far they are going to take the show.

I think the show continues to improve as the season goes on.

What's always fascinating in a show's development is how early concepts - deemed "vital" in the development stages of the show, slowly become less relevant over time.

In this case - I'm sure the creators thought the "hook" of having Jimmy Olsen come to town to mentor Supergirl was going to be the way in for a lot of viewers / fans... but is there any aspect of this which is less relevant now? Not saying "James" is a bad character... but if he was just "James O'Brien"... someone else at Catco who knew Kara's secret and was a close friend... not sure the show would be that much different anymore. His connection to Superman is simply no longer necessary. The few times they try to cram in his comparison between her exploits and early Superman exploits you can FEEL the -script creaking...

Not good, nor bad.. just interesting how things like that develop.

Now that was a really good episode. Especially how a major character was impacted in the end.

I like how Martian Manhunter stood in for Kara at the office. But in that first scene, did Calista Flockhart call her 'Karla' instead of 'Kara'? If so, I am surprised they left that error in the final cut.

But overall, 4/5 stars for me.

Now that was a really good episode. Especially how a major character was impacted in the end.

I like how Martian Manhunter stood in for Kara at the office. But in that first scene, did Calista Flockhart call her 'Karla' instead of 'Kara'? If so, I am surprised they left that error in the final cut.

But overall, 4/5 stars for me.

Cat Grant has never said Kara's name correctly.

Kira, Karla, never Kara, so I am sure it was purposefully left in.

Another great episode tonight. Superb fight choreography. Zack Snyder, pay attention.

Wait you mean skidding on concrete, throwing the flying punch, and knocking buildings over endlessly is not the only way to do a fight scene? :P

A good remake of one of my favorite JLU episodes.

Only thing that still bugs me is the way the pronounce her name Car-a rather that Care-a, and they said it about 200 times.

You should check out Superman Annual 11 too.

Another great episode tonight. Superb fight choreography. Zack Snyder, pay attention.

Wait you mean skidding on concrete, throwing the flying punch, and knocking buildings over endlessly is not the only way to do a fight scene? :P

Precisely. Supergirl has shown that compelling fight scenes can be done without relying solely on computerized cartoons. Notice how with Supergirl the fight scenes are a mix of real actors suspended with cables (or standing on their feet and duking it out) and CGI, and when CGI is used, it is relatively limited -- not wanton destruction of entire buildings just because it supposedly looks cool.

Only thing that still bugs me is the way the pronounce her name Car-a rather that Care-a, and they said it about 200 times.

You should check out Superman Annual 11 too.

I like that everyone pronounces it differently, that's real life. I too have a seemingly non-obvious name pronunciation, and I get a million variations a day, sometimes from my own parents.

"Car-a" is the British pronunciation. She is an alien, after all... ;)

Grant Gustin Heads to Supergirl Set for Crossover Episode

Grant Gustin is on his way to the set of Supergirl to film the episode "Worlds Finest," which sees his character, Barry Allen/The Flash head to National City for a special crossover. The actor posted on instagram Tuesday night that he was heading to the other DC Comics show's set.

GjuGElw.png

Once in a while, like last night watching the Flash, I think to myself "Holy mess it's a pretty nice time to be a comic fan"

The things they are doing with the TV shows and movies these days are just fun as hell. Not only with the great stories and effects, but building shared universes and having crossovers everywhere. Both DC and Marvel have really stepped up their games in the past decade in this area. Mostly Marvel with the movies and DC with the TV series, but those Marvel Netflix series are crazy good too. And DC had the Batman trilogy.

Before Arrow came along, I really had no interest in DC whatsoever. I had what could be termed 'general knowledge' about the characters and stuff, but didn't really care. That has since changed with the TV universe. I'm sure it will impact my wallet via comics too, someday.

First Look at Superman's Fortress of Solitude on Supergirl

CBS released an official still and synopsis for the forthcoming Supergirl episode: “Solitude.”

Kara travels to Superman’s Fortress of Solitude in hopes of learning how to defeat Indigo (Laura Vandervoort), a dangerous being who can transport via the Internet and who has a connection to Kara’s past. Also, James’s relationship with Lucy reaches a crossroads.

image001-169463.jpg

:o

Can they still hold back from Superman actually making a full appearance?

First Look at Superman's Fortress of Solitude on Supergirl

CBS released an official still and synopsis for the forthcoming Supergirl episode: “Solitude.”

Kara travels to Superman’s Fortress of Solitude in hopes of learning how to defeat Indigo (Laura Vandervoort), a dangerous being who can transport via the Internet and who has a connection to Kara’s past. Also, James’s relationship with Lucy reaches a crossroads.

Isn't Indigo actually Brainiac 8? Or is this a different Indigo?

image001-169463.jpg

:o

Can they still hold back from Superman actually making a full appearance?

I think they'll hold back on that for some time. Once they play the Superman card, it will change the series.