• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

lol

I couldn't resist peaking at this clip... pressed play and saw "This video is not available". Can't even get clips in the UK! Did someone cut the media pipe to Britain (shrug)

Wow! She mocked him. Then she beat him up.

:ohnoez:

:o They never stop playing with dimensions of Supergirl and Melissa never fails to deliver This is a personality we've yet to see and it is portrayed perfectly. Even that subtle laugh around the 25 second mark.

:o They never stop playing with dimensions of Supergirl and Melissa never fails to deliver This is a personality we've yet to see and it is portrayed perfectly. Even that subtle laugh around the 25 second mark.

I agree! Now she is getting annoyed with these Fort Rozz escapees. What, with everything she is having to deal with, including the death of her aunt at the hands of her adopted sister.

Now - Red Kryptonite.

:ohnoez:

thats the problem.. it LOOKS put together from existing publicity stills, with some atmospheric stuff to blend it all together.... No harm using stills really, but they look just pasted in, and why's Diggle got his gun out? Is he the starter of the race? A real solution with a budget would have had new shots of all them cheering their guys on.

and the CBS slug wouldn't be on Flash foot!

Thats not Diggle.

Supergirl Star Melissa Benoist Confirms Flash Race During Crossover

Melissa Benoist and Grant Gustin will find out who "the fastest person alive" is during the Flash and Supergirl crossover on the latter show this month, the cast and crew confirmed at PaleyFest LA's Supergirl panel. They teased the crossover with a lot of excitement.

"I'm excited for you guys to see the race," Benoist said to the crowd of fans and journalists. While the poster for the episode sure implied a race between the pair - a race between Superman and The Flash is a comic book staple - it's the first time someone from the show has said that a race would take place out loud.

:whee:

Supergirl Star Melissa Benoist Confirms Flash Race During Crossover

Melissa Benoist and Grant Gustin will find out who "the fastest person alive" is during the Flash and Supergirl crossover on the latter show this month, the cast and crew confirmed at PaleyFest LA's Supergirl panel. They teased the crossover with a lot of excitement.

"I'm excited for you guys to see the race," Benoist said to the crowd of fans and journalists. While the poster for the episode sure implied a race between the pair - a race between Superman and The Flash is a comic book staple - it's the first time someone from the show has said that a race would take place out loud.

Cool :cool:

Place your bets please... ;)

Wow!

Watching my first episode since the pilot. I wanted to see what all the hubbub was about (I don't know how some of of you find the time to watch all of these comic shows lol ).

Benoist is really great playing her inner bad-girl. Reeve would have been impressed. I'm actually curious how this is all gonna wrap up.

What is this, episode #15?

This was a GREAT episode. The last 20 mins were intense. Fantastic -script. The

Martian Manhunter and Supergirl fight scene was so cool.

I loved this latest episode. Congrats to the Supergirl cast and crew, wonderful show.

Tonight's episode was by far the best of the series, just outstanding. Everyone was on the top of their game - the peripheral players were really good and the overall execution was just great.

I have to agree about last night's episode. Incredible!

- Maxwell Lord as the evil billionaire tampering with things he doesn't understand

- Supergirl becoming the powerful being only a rare few could stop

- Cat Grant learning how dangerous Supergirl could be - personally

- Martian Manhunter revealed

- Martian Manhunter imprisoned now and revealing he killed the real Hank

- Supergirl's relationship with Jimmy, Cat and others changed due to what they experienced

- Supergirl coming to Cat to ask for forgiveness and realizing she has work ahead of her

What a far cry from when this series was first announced.

Tonight's episode was by far the best of the series, just outstanding. Everyone was on the top of their game - the peripheral players were really good and the overall execution was just great.
My only gripe was with the way the show ended in the last twelve minutes...

When they went after Supergirl, why didn't they just use green Kryptonite darts like they did to drop her in the pilot? I was just befuddled while wondering why there was bullets being fired at her.

Why did they imprison Hank and not Supergirl too? I mean the whole city is afraid of her, she should have been in a cell and why was Hank in one after he basically saved Kara's sister and the other agents from a rogue Supergirl. But, I'm not sure about the whole killing the real Hank subplot (I missed quite a few episodes).

But there you go, she was just roaming around the free at the end after everything that happened, where the bad Kryptonians would have been hunted down and locked up if they did this.

It was a great looking fight and special effect laden climax, but a little common sense was needed too, to be taken seriously. Meaning... better writing. It would have been a better cliffhanger ending if she wound up in a cell after all her do-gooding work, so she would have had a better focus at redemption.

I did like how the episode closed so quietly with Cat, despite everything else in the last twelve minutes. It showed a lot of restraint.

Still a very engaging show. Moves a lot better than Smallville ever did.

When they went after Supergirl, why didn't they just use green Kryptonite darts like they did to drop her in the pilot? I was just befuddled while wondering why there was bullets being fired at her.

Why did they imprison Hank and not Supergirl too? I mean the whole city is afraid of her, she should have been in a cell and why was Hank in one after he basically saved Kara's sister and the other agents from a rogue Supergirl. But, I'm not sure about the whole killing the real Hank subplot (I missed quite a few episodes).

But there you go, she was just roaming around the free at the end after everything that happened, where the bad Kryptonians would have been hunted down and locked up if they did this.

It was a great looking fight and special effect laden climax, but a little common sense was needed too, to be taken seriously. Meaning... better writing. It would have been a better cliffhanger ending if she wound up in a cell after all her do-gooding work, so she would have had a better focus at redemption.

I did like how the episode closed so quietly with Cat, despite everything else in the last twelve minutes. It showed a lot of restraint.

+1

Here are some answers to your good questions:

Why did they imprison Hank and not Supergirl too?

Hank was not imprisoned. Hank died years ago. It's J'onn that was arrested and imprisoned with the DEO which appears to have exclusive U.S. federal authority over unknown and untrusted aliens. As far as the DEO is concerned, they thought Hank was alive and well and was the leader of the DEO. Now, they've realized J'onn has been acting under false pretenses to defraud a U.S. government agency by running the show (an 18 U.S.C. 1001 felony crime). Oh, it also didn't help J'onn's case that he tacitly confessed to a U.S. Senator about the apparent killing of Hank Henshaw.

There's also something tragic about J'onn's character (not Hank's), which is that he has sworn to protect the daughters of Dad Danvers. That's the cross he must shoulder 'til the day he dies. He said he wanted to be imprisoned at the DEO to help protect Alex. As strange as it is, J'onn is an incredibly honorable man Martian.

Supergirl didn't end up in a cell and was excused of her malfeasances because (i) she is affiliated with, and trusted by, the DEO and (ii) she temporarily lacked capacity to distinguish right from wrong courtesy of the red K. Yes, the temporary insanity defense works nicely here.

When they went after Supergirl, why didn't they just use green Kryptonite darts like they did to drop her in the pilot?

Your point about the green Kryptonite darts is a good one. Maybe the DEO ran out of green K ammo fighting the Kryptonians? (shrug) Also, the red K needed to be expelled from her insides. I'm thinking green K just temporarily weakens her. They needed to shoot her with that Nerf gun-looking gun.

Personally, I think the last 12 minutes are the best 12 minutes we have seen in this show's existence. I was blown away. And even better stuff coming: The Flash. And then the Showcase Showdown with Non and the Ft. Rozz Kryptonians. I think it's going to be a battle royale with Kara enlisting Red Tornado and Bizarro Supergirl (who are hibernating somewhere).

Edited by zosocane

Well, for a couple of your points point I'll play the SA DC letter page answers game (aka In Retrospect):

They did not want to use Green K because they knew she was already under Red K and did not know how a double dose would impact her. As regards her going free and Hank imprisoned, she already is a known quantity (force for good) and it was klnown she was under the influence of Red K.

In Jonn's case, the knowledge that he was impersonating Hank was a revelation that opened up such questions as "What happened to Hank?" "Did you kill Hank?" "Who/what are you?" etc. Outside of Kara, Jonn and Alex, wjho knew the truth, the the real Hank was still a good guy. So why was this alien impersonating him?

(Just saw Zos's reply as I had watched a bit of the ep again while I was composing)

Here are some answers to your good questions:

Why did they imprison Hank and not Supergirl too?

Hank was not imprisoned. Hank died years ago. It's J'onn that was arrested and imprisoned with the DEO which appears to have exclusive U.S. federal authority over unknown and untrusted aliens. As far as the DEO is concerned, they thought Hank was alive and well and was the leader of the DEO. Now, they've realized J'onn has been acting under false pretenses to defraud a U.S. government agency by running the show (an 18 U.S.C. 1001 felony crime). Oh, it also didn't help J'onn's case that he tacitly confessed to a U.S. Senator about the apparent killing of Hank Henshaw.

There's also something tragic about J'onn's character (not Hank's), which is that he has sworn to protect the daughters of Dad Danvers. That's the cross he must shoulder 'til the day he dies. He said he wanted to be imprisoned at the DEO to help protect Alex. As strange as it is, J'onn is an incredibly honorable man Martian.

Supergirl didn't end up in a cell and was excused of her malfeasances because (i) she is affiliated with, and trusted by, the DEO and (ii) she temporarily lacked capacity to distinguish right from wrong courtesy of the red K. Yes, the temporary insanity defense works nicely here.

When they went after Supergirl, why didn't they just use green Kryptonite darts like they did to drop her in the pilot?

Your point about the green Kryptonite darts is a good one. Maybe the DEO ran out of green K ammo fighting the Kryptonians? (shrug) Also, the red K needed to be expelled from her insides. I'm thinking green K just temporarily weakens her. They needed to shoot her with that Nerf gun-looking gun.

Personally, I think the last 12 minutes are the best 12 minutes we have seen in this show's existence. I was blown away. And even better stuff coming: The Flash. And then the Showcase Showdown with Non and the Ft. Rozz Kryptonians. I think it's going to be a battle royale with Kara enlisting Red Tornado and Bizarro Supergirl (who are hibernating somewhere).

Thank you. That all makes a lot of sense.

Oh man, I missed Bizarro Supergirl. :cry: I remember seeing images online of of Red Tornado.

But, I have to admit, it was a very entertaining episode. (thumbs u

It was full of fun little bits of stuff, for a decent jumping on point.

I especially loved the homage to Superman III at the bar with the peanuts. I kept waiting for her to melt the mirror. :ohnoez:

Well, for a couple of your points point I'll play the SA DC letter page answers game (aka In Retrospect)

(Just saw Zos's reply as IU has watched a bit of the ep again while I was composing)

(thumbs u