• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Could Someone Help me...

12 posts in this topic

confused-smiley-013.gif

Dunno what you like? DC or Marvel? Superheroes only? Recent or older? TPBs ok?

2 to 4 issues is tough for Moderns-- the trend is to go for 6 part stories to be collected as TPB.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif JLA/Avengers 1- 4 ?

Or, if you don't mind longer than 4-issue arcs, you really can't go wrong IMHO with

- The Ultimates vol 1 #1-13 or vol 2 (currently up to the second issue)

- Superman/Batman (all have been exceptional apart from the Robin/Superboy fill-in 1-shot)

I was looking for a good short story arc (2-4 issues), cause frankly i'm bored and im going to go to the comic store in a minute

Buy Wrath of the Spectre 1-4 and Deathlok Special 1-4.

Wrath of the Spectre reprints that characters Adventure run (431-440) plus some stuff that didn't make it into print because the series was prematurely cancelled due to violent content. thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Deathlok Special reprints Astonishing Tales 25-36 (1st Deathlok story arc). thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Probably have to find them online though.

gossip.gif They're dirt cheap. Enjoy!

any good green arrow or green lantern arc's (yes, i'm reading rebirth)

You read the Kevin Smith ("Quiver" and 1 other I forget) and Brad Meltzer ("Archers Quest") GA arcs?

The last good GL I read prior to Rebirth was the Ganthet's Tale prestige format 1 shot, written by Larry Niven and drawn by John Byrne.

I'm really enjoying the current JLA arc that started in #107. It's prompted me to think about collecting the entire series. JLA:Classified has been decent so far as well.

I also really enjoyed the Majestic miniseries that was out recently. 4-issue series that was a pretty good read.

Other than that, I would definitely suggest any Superman/Batman story arc you can find, as well as Flash, which recently added a little to the Identity Crisis series. I've only heard good things about Teen Titans as well, so I may check out the next issue.

Would you look at that? All this coming from a guy who never read DC books and was strictly a Marvel fan. I didn't mention Marvel once until this paragrah. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The last good GL I read prior to Rebirth was the Ganthet's Tale prestige format 1 shot, written by Larry Niven and drawn by John Byrne.

Did anyone else find that the most interesting thing in Ganthet's Tale to not be the story, but following the changing prints on Ganthet's tie throughout the story? smile.gif I didn't think that much of the story, but I was amused by the fact that his tie was different in every panel.