• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can you search the census for SS by signer?

54 posts in this topic

Basically, a lot. I haven't seen one sell for eons. But even the moderns were 300-500, and that was when they were just done.

Yeah. Someone had been trying to sell one on ebay for a few months now. No one seems to be biting. Price has gone from $2,899 to $1,999 to $1,549 with no luck.

Its a Vamp #1 7.0.

hm

I still should have had my 8.5 pressed. That thing would have been a 9.2 all day long. I was swayed by a cash offer!

:cry:

I want a Fazetta signature,but I don't know if I want one that bad. :eek:

That is and always will be the lone 9.4 top census Vampi #1 with a Frazetta sig. Mine is not upgradable. It is one of the few books where you don't have to look over your shoulder and wonder whether someone is going to press up or warehouse find equal or superior copies. That is what makes that book amazing in my eyes. And based upon what the 8.5 Frazetta copy went for, this book is not priced in an insane fashion.

My 8.5 was not pressed, and likely could have seen a 9.2. I got a super duper strong price for it, but....

I shoulda kept it.

Damn life.

Still have my Blue 9.6. :cloud9:

Basically, a lot. I haven't seen one sell for eons. But even the moderns were 300-500, and that was when they were just done.

Yeah. Someone had been trying to sell one on ebay for a few months now. No one seems to be biting. Price has gone from $2,899 to $1,999 to $1,549 with no luck.

Its a Vamp #1 7.0.

hm

I still should have had my 8.5 pressed. That thing would have been a 9.2 all day long. I was swayed by a cash offer!

:cry:

Huh.

Looks like I'm repeating myself.

:whee:

My 8.5 was not pressed, and likely could have seen a 9.2. I got a super duper strong price for it, but....

I shoulda kept it.

Damn life.

I'm impressed that you have a 9.6 Vampi #1, beats my 9.2. I still love it though. :cloud9:

I shoulda kept it.

Damn life.

I'm impressed that you have a 9.6 Vampi #1, beats my 9.2. I still love it though. :cloud9:

It's the Royal Blue reprint...I like it. :)

For those wondering, there are 125 SS Frazettas in total, give or take.

Is there a way to search the census by who signed a book? I know that Frank Frazetta did a signing and was curious how many books and which ones he signed.

Thanks

Though not comprehensive to everything he signed(yet!) you can do a search of any creator HERE to see uploaded books including two Vampi #1s.

The thing about that book that is great is it is and always will be the only one. It has Frazetta (with perfect placement aswell) and neal adams (also with perfect placement and a paint pen with no smudges) for vampirella fans it is at the top of its game. What people must realize when collecting vampirella is high grade is hard to get and the artist on the early warrens are either old , dead, or rare European artist. I am sure the current owner does not really care if he sales it.

I think I'm going to regret not trying for this one. Obviously I have no idea how high the winner was willing to go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Weird-Science-Fantasy-29-CGC-2-5-signed-by-Frank-Frazetta-SS-/321757929087?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aea445e7f

I think that considering the amount of Frazetta SS available and the desirability of this cover (which is probably the greatest ever pure artistic cover ever published), this will come to be looked upon as an amazing buy.

I think I'm going to regret not trying for this one. Obviously I have no idea how high the winner was willing to go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Weird-Science-Fantasy-29-CGC-2-5-signed-by-Frank-Frazetta-SS-/321757929087?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aea445e7f

I think that considering the amount of Frazetta SS available and the desirability of this cover (which is probably the greatest ever pure artistic cover ever published), this will come to be looked upon as an amazing buy.

I tend to agree with this, but there are several of these in higher grade I know of - at least three yellow and a yellow/purple.

Thanks! and I win again! That makes two.

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?id=951539

unfortunately I sold the second... But I once again win with a crazy good deal! YAY! (yes my max bid was much higher and so I was delightfully surprised.)