• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What happened to the Staple pull???

41 posts in this topic

I bought a group of White Mountain Tales to Astonish books a few years ago. I missed a staple pull(clean) on issue 56. I sold it ebay a while back as the White Mountain copy, with a lower staple pull.

I see the book in a blue CGC label, with no mention of the pull. It's gone!

TTA 56 White Mountain?

I am open to any ideas, thoughts or opinions?

Were there any duplicates in the White Mountain collection? I am not pointing fingers,but I would like to know?

Red's upset with me because I pointed out he was wrong in another thread. He'll be able to come up with a conspiracy theory for you after he's calmed down.

A second shooter perhaps, on the grassy knoll?

Doug emailed me, he is looking into it. He thinks he bought the book slabbed a few years ago. I bought my copy raw. There may have been a duplicate?

Time will tell!

Actually, you can see the indented lower staple on the scan on the Pedigree site. If, as you describe, the cover (and perhaps some pages) have popped out of the lower staple, it is hard to comprehend how this book could be graded a 9.4.

Red's upset with me because I pointed out he was wrong in another thread. He'll be able to come up with a conspiracy theory for you after he's calmed down.

A second shooter perhaps, on the grassy knoll?

Doug emailed me, he is looking into it. He thinks he bought the book slabbed a few years ago. I bought my copy raw. There may have been a duplicate?

Time will tell!

I called Conrad, he sold most of the TTA White Mountains a few years ago. He said he did not have any duplicates in the run(group) of books he slabbed and sold.Which makes sense to me, I bought it raw.

Let's wait and see what else comes to light?

I love a good mystery!

Actually, you can see the indented lower staple on the scan on the Pedigree site. If, as you describe, the cover (and perhaps some pages) have popped out of the lower staple, it is hard to comprehend how this book could be graded a 9.4.

At the time, the staple pull was on the cover only. The pages were perfect. No page pulls at all. With a little restoration the book could have been shored up. The pull was so clean I missed it the first time I opened the book.

I'm not upset with you at all. Sorry, dude. confused-smiley-013.gif

screwy.gif

screwy.gif

Sounds like a persecution complex... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

And I should know!!!!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

yeh - 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

don'tleave us hanging steve. what's the scoop?? staple pull or not?? resto missed?? or were there actually 2 white mt copies??

Could there be another option? poke2.gif

And behind door number 3..... shy.gif

And I should know!!!!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

yeh - 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

don'tleave us hanging steve. what's the scoop?? staple pull or not?? resto missed?? or were there actually 2 white mt copies??

Guys, I just received an email from Steve. Looks like there are two copies. I have no doubt the copy I bought and then sold was the WM copy. I am 100% certain. It had the date stamp on the splash and it was fresh as new. It was also with 50 other WM TTAs that day. I picked up a few. I still have them. There must be a duplicate, no other answer makes sense?

Steves copy has the #"64" on the cover. The copy I had did not have it. Must have been two?