• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Avengers #1 Would You Buy?

22 posts in this topic

Which would you buy, unrestored or restored Avengers #1 CGC 6.5? If restored was half the price?

I assume most people on these boards would buy the unrestored. But I opted for the restored. It was in my price range, the blue wasn't.

I've written the whole story in my journal if you're interested. http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7287580&fpart=30

Thanks for reading.

Avengers1CGC65S1909_zpsb07c68ff.jpg

In this case the price difference is out of balance. The same amount of color markings would not affect the grade and leave it in a blue label if it was applied as a mustache on Thor's face, Yet the mustachioed copy would be considered more valuable. A good rule of thumb re investment is to buy things when they are undervalued due to rationale that doesn't fully make sense. More often than not the rationale corrects itself, at least to some degree.