• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swamp Thing 1

16 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am looking around for a nice higher grade Swamp Thing #1 for my collection to eventually get signed by Wrightson and Wein. I spotted this copy on ebay and asked the seller to send me larger scans of the front and back cover - still waiting. The seller claims the book is a 9.2-9.4 What do you think from this smaller image I have at the moment?

swampthing.jpg

Nice copy for sure!

But it's hard to gauge the level of defects based purely off that image scan. Cover looks nice and flat, but what about it's glossiness and any creases and/or stress marks? Any staple discoloration - again, I can't tell. Plus would need to see the back cover .

Having said that, the corners seem slightly dulled and as Chadwick mentioned, cover is bit tanned, at least concerning the spine.

Sorry to point the obvious, but the mis-wrap has no impact on grade, just not as purty :)

Thanks everyone for the input. The seller stated white to off-white pages and a high gloss cover. Still waiting for more pics though. I was concerned a bit as some of his feedback mentioned he over graded books.

Don't waste on your time. The feedback explained already.

Thanks everyone for the input. The seller stated white to off-white pages and a high gloss cover. Still waiting for more pics though. I was concerned a bit as some of his feedback mentioned he over graded books.

Don't waste on your time. The feedback explained already.

+1

9.0 tops (subject to back cover).

As someone else said the pages do looked tanned. Love Swampy, but I'd miss this unless it is a bargain.

Is it more, or does that right edge look trimmed? Or, would that be from the miswrap?

It is very common for the miswrap. I sold it few times and have seen all with the slight or moderate miswraps.

My first thought as well. I have seen/owned many Swampie 1s over the years and the majority had that miswrap. That one is a bit on the conservative side as opposed to many others I've seen.

Thanks again everyone. The seller never got back to be even after a second request so I am going to have to pass on this book as I don't like to buy unless I see the front and back covers plus a shot of the interior page quality.

Smart move. This certainly isn't a rare book so the right one will turn up.