• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rick's Raggedy Romance is CLOSED! Thanks to all!

272 posts in this topic

Love Adventures 1, 1949. Interstate Publishing (Marvel)

Just a whiff of water stain across the top edge of the FC, may not be visible ins scan. Pencil mark FC, some small spots upper FC, lower RH FC. Not much gloss left, but it'sa pretty solikd copy.

Asking $35 for this one.

7EYYvNS.jpg

Love Adventures 4, 941. Manvis Publications (Atlas)

Your basic G, with general wear, a few small chips out, a bit of spine roll, and a piece of tape holding on a large corner upper LH BC.

$10 takes it.

6JeFtZj.jpg

Love Adventures 7, 1951. Manvis Publications (Atlas)

Another basic G. Looks like the silverfish have been at an inch or so of the upper spine, and a quarter inch of the lower spine, along with a narrow section of the lower BC. Razafrazzin' bugs!

Balance of spine is taped. LOOKS nice at first glance, but that's before you see the 2 inch tear lower RH FC.

$5 for a reader copy.

dzRQkV0.jpg

Love Adventures 8

Small corner off FC is the worst of it, along with a small area of staining/wear along spine BC.

$5 takes it home.

JeR1N5l.jpg

So!

Rick is suffering from a wicked rippin' head/chest cold. I went to bed yesterday at around 5 PM and slept until 6:30 this morning. I have a doctor appointment this AM, then I should be back to loading, I'd like to get another 20 books loaded before day's end.

See you all along toward noonish.

Well, as you can see, I never made it back to the keyboard yesterday. I slept, coughed, and drank orange juice from the time I got up until I went back to bed.

On the plus side, I think I'm on the mend,. I'd better be4, I have to head back to work this morning.

Back this evening with more raggedy romance.

Okay, I've had my coffee and am more-or-less awake now. Here's one to tide you over until I get home tonight.

Love Classics 1, 1949. Classic Detective Stories, Inc (Marvel)

Flat and tight, with minor soiling BC, dust shadow lower RH FC, pencil arrival date. Pretty solid copy.

$35 takes it.

EPIsMqP.jpg

Well, I survived the day at work, and am hardly coughing up anything disgusting any more, time to get back to work.

Love Classics 2. 1950. Classic Detective Stories, Inc (Marvel)

Cover is loose, and has some tape repairs on inside spine. Small POFC, matching slightly larger POBC. Oh, and Stanley Pankowski autographed the back cover in pencil...three times, lol

Asking $15

y55v6yQ.jpg

Love Dramas 2, 1950. Interstate Publishing (Marvel)

Not bad at first glance, but small corner off BC, and light water stains along upper edge and lower corner

$10 for this one.

yh33aat.jpg

Loveland 1, 1949. Eye Publishing (Marvel)

Spine roll is the worst of it, other than that some minor wear RH edge from the overhang.

I want $35 for this one.

OhUKGUp.jpg

Love Romances 6, 1949. Timely Comics. Yes, TIMELY. I always enjoy finding one of the late 1940's books with the Marvel bullet on the front cover.

Lots of general wear, a couple extra staples, and the centerfold is STILL loose, lol

$20 takes it home.

QflfP6O.jpg

Lover Romances 10, 1950. Whaddya know? Still a Timely title!

Big ol' critter chew on the top edge, and it gets deeper the further back you get. Slightly affects one panel on last page. Oh, and spine roll. Let's not forget to mention the spine roll.

Take it home for five bucks.

B1FHmR9.jpg

Love Romances 17, 1951. Timely.

Spine roll, tape pull FC, BIG dogear BC, name in ink BC, and the lower staple has come loose on the bottom end. Been loose long enough that there is a rust mark underneath it in its current position. oH, AND WATER STAIN. dI mention the light water stain?

Asking $10

a2WwdJE.jpg

Love Romances 19, 1951. Still hanging in there as Timely, even though there's an Atlas bullet on the cover.

General wear, top staple is popped, couple small light stains BC

Asking $15

bgJf5kl.jpg

Love Romances 33, 1953. Timely (Atlas)

Tears at both staples but still firmly attached, tear upper FC with a matching tear BC, with a fold running between the two. Small stain FC one the fellow's cheek, some spine roll.

$15 for this one.

oHWKuTJ.jpg

Love Romances 46, 1955. Timely (Atlas) I was born in 1954, I had no idea that Timely still existed that late. Contemporary with Timely! Who knew?

Marvel-style chipping RH edge, water stain upper FC, lowser spine split up to the staple.

$5 for this (nicely displaying) rugged reader.

qc9KCMd.jpg

Oh, and you'll notice, in those precode days, that Dad, with his pipe and ascot, is copping a friendly feel from Mom, with her tacit approval!

Lovers 24 (#2), 1949. Atlas. Atlas? Yes, Atlas News Company!

Once again, far enough back to have the Marvel bullet on the cover.

Cover is hanging on by a thread to the top staple, lower staple is loose and free, with a small chunk out of the cover. 1" tear BC. Displays well for a lowgrader.

$10 for this one.

a18wG2K.jpg