• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is X-Men #1 graded CGC 9.2 underrated (Value)?

286 posts in this topic

Some interesting stuff in here.

X-men 1 in CGC 9.2 is clearly over-rated.

Are you sure?

X-men #1 had plateaued a bit but in my experience it's on the rise in all grades again. The 9.0 on CC went for $34K after being a low to high $20's book for a year or two.

He is just trying to indirectly attack me (He is trying to be smart about it so I do not notify the Administrators about his behavior) because I own a X-Men #1 CGC 9.2 don't mind him. And do not waste your energy trying to make sens with him either. X-Men #1 is a great book to own there is no doubt there!! He likes wasting peoples time and stirring up the pot that is his personality and it will not change.

Some interesting stuff in here.

X-men 1 in CGC 9.2 is clearly over-rated.

Are you sure?

X-men #1 had plateaued a bit but in my experience it's on the rise in all grades again. The 9.0 on CC went for $34K after being a low to high $20's book for a year or two.

I found a lot of it interesting, read the whole thread. :shrug:

As far as X-men 1 goes, I see just as much down in price as up. The 9.2 in particular was up in November but still down over $10k since the 2012 high (that book coincidently is in the OP's sig line).

It is still a key book, but not one I would bet on for larger gains. X-men movies are almost all played out, so much so they are recasting characters again.

Trying to pick a fight again I see please just move on with your life and let people enjoy this website. You have a issue with me simply send me a PM as stated multiple times but you don't seem to be able to grasp that concept asked of you by me and other members here and continue to lash out on the forum. I hope the administrators take note of this and either suspend you or ban you for life!!

There are more than 50 copies of this book on eBay right now. It doesn't seem to be rare in grade until you get into 9.0+ and even then it is more abundant than other major SA keys (not including AF 15).

With so many copies around I don't see large price increases happening, if anything there is more risk there with Marvel moving away from mutants and other lesser characters getting franchises. Even the comic is a mess right now (everyone is dead and/or retconned beyond recognition).

:shrug:

Data from another thread showing how abundant high grade X-men 1 is on the census and in high grade. The book is one of the most "common" of the silver age keys, even in high grade.

So yeah, over-rated (particularly a 9.2 at >$60k).

Could someone post the census stats on Brave and the Bold 28 versus Avengers 1?

???

Avengers 1 - 1972 blue labels - 2806 total

BB28 - 655 blue labels - 796 total

More than 3 times the amount of AV 1 to BB28.

High grade copies (8.0 and above):

Avengers 1 - 190 (58 in 9.0 and above)

X-men 1 - 233 (67 in 9.0 and above)

Brave and the Bold 28 - 51 (13 in 9.0 and above)

Those are just the slabbed copies at CGC. I have seen hundreds of both Avengers 1 and X-men 1 raw in market. Very few Brave and the Bold 28 raw.

Quick eBay check:

X-men 1 - over 50 copies for sale on eBay (stopped counting at 51)

Avengers 1 - over 50 copies for sale on eBay (stopped counting at 51)

Brave and the Bold 28 - ~29 copies for sale on eBay (a few coverless)