• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is X-Men #1 graded CGC 9.2 underrated (Value)?

286 posts in this topic

I am a HUGE X-Men fan and was hoping to get your thoughts on this. Thanks in advance!!! And how more does a 9.2 White Pages cost compared to a non white page copy (in general as it would for say any major silver age key comic)?

Just purchased my 1st Overstreet price guide in almost 10 years and was surprised to see Hulk # 1 ahead of X-Men #1 even do there seems to be many more X-Men movies and people seem to flock more towards X-Men in general.

I was also very ''shocked'' to see Tales To Astonish # 27 1st Ant-Man at over 32 000$ is this book overrated?

Like I said been out of the comic book life for almost 10 years just getting back into it.

Hi. Welcome to the boards.

Hulk1 is a much tougher book to come by than X-men1. The highest certified copy of Hulk1 is a single 9.4 copy.

There are more high grade copies of X-men when comparing CGC census numbers.

Thanks....that makes sens.

Do you feel that a 9.2 X-Men #1 in CGC 9.2 would be a wise book to buy and hold say for 10 to 20 year? I know no one knows the future but would like you and anyone else s opinion (I get tired of the stock market and was looking to move towards some key comics......I love comics so it is way more fun for me). Is white pages that more sought after and what kind of premium does white pages usually bring over non white pages in this type of grade for key silver age comics?

to date there are 15 copies of X-men 1 in CGC 9.2

census

there is no way of telling how many have WP unless you find someone that has been keeping dibs (and scans or CGC cert #s) on every single high grade sale. I don't think GPA reports page quality.

Thanks guys this really helps......glad I found this place!!! Do you know how hard it is to actually locate such a book? Does one come up for sale say every few years or once a year on average in the 9.2 grade?

This is the only book I would want in a 9.2 I could never afford a AF15 in a 9.2 (plus I am not a Spider-Man fan yeah I know it's a ''sin'' he is the most loved silver age character of all time.......I feel the same about Superman......never feel in sink with him either BUT I do LOVE Batman more than any other character ever). I want to build a X-Men collection from # 1 to the last issue not going to go after high graded copies except for the #1......the rest I just want to be able to read and enjoy.

For a $10 subscription, you can track all reported X-Men1 sales in all grades (and their sales prices).

http://comics.gpanalysis.com/

There are dealers that don't report to GPA however I'm sure could or would manage a 9.2 if so asked.

Pedigree Comics, HighGradeComics, Metro come to mind.

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/

http://www.highgradecomics.com/

I am a HUGE X-Men fan and was hoping to get your thoughts on this. Thanks in advance!!! And how more does a 9.2 White Pages cost compared to a non white page copy (in general as it would for say any major silver age key comic)?

Just purchased my 1st Overstreet price guide in almost 10 years and was surprised to see Hulk # 1 ahead of X-Men #1 even do there seems to be many more X-Men movies and people seem to flock more towards X-Men in general.

I was also very ''shocked'' to see Tales To Astonish # 27 1st Ant-Man at over 32 000$ is this book overrated?

Like I said been out of the comic book life for almost 10 years just getting back into it.

No item of a collectible nature is ever undervalued per se. It is sold at market at a price that a seller is willing to pay at that point in time. If the item is truly undervalued it would not have sold at that price point to begin with.

Are you asking in terms of comparison? If you are asking if X-Men 1 is undervalued compared to books like JIM 83 and Hulk 1 I would agree.