• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dazzler #1

73 posts in this topic

So yes, I picked 200 copies of Dazzler #1 the other day, all VFNM. I couldnt resist the price, it was THAT good.

I think this book has incredible potential, what with all this female power of late in the comic universe.. Yesterday at Wintercon I had 3 girls approach and ask me whats the name of the book when they saw Tom Defalco sign it and when I did they ran and bought it immediately. I guess the cheap price and the attractive cover did it to them.

Which got me to think, this book is not displayed at any comic store/booth etc.. Sure, us as collectors know that this was massively printed back in the day, but I think with the proper marketing this could be a huge winner for sellers.

The fact of the matter is that Dazzler #1 is always buried in Dollar bins, I can see how NON comic collectors would pay up to 10$ for this if they saw it displayed properly in stores.

And that's besides the optioning prospect which lurks for this character.

Thoughts?

So yes, I picked 200 copies of Dazzler #1 the other day, all VFNM. I couldnt resist the price, it was THAT good.

I think this book has incredible potential, what with all this female power of late in the comic universe.. Yesterday at Wintercon I had 3 girls approach and ask me whats the name of the book when they saw Tom Defalco sign it and when I did they ran and bought it immediately. I guess the cheap price and the attractive cover did it to them.

Which got me to think, this book is not displayed at any comic store/booth etc.. Sure, us as collectors know that this was massively printed back in the day, but I think with the proper marketing this could be a huge winner for sellers.

The fact of the matter is that Dazzler #1 is always buried in Dollar bins, I can see how NON comic collectors would pay up to 10$ for this if they saw it displayed properly in stores.

Thoughts?

(thumbs u I did the same recently, but Mine have 9.2 and above in them. I just need to go through them.

So yes, I picked 200 copies of Dazzler #1

I think this book has incredible potential

And so the list of things that I would have bet my life that I would never hear, and yet I hear them, continues to grow.

And so the list of things that I would have bet my life that I would never hear, and yet I hear them, continues to grow.

Did you hear that as a goof I listed my old worn out Adidas sneakers? Buyer paid $80 including shipping for them. That was more than the cost of the sneakers.

Stranger things have happened, the cinematic universe holds the strings these days. I'd lean toward X-men 130 for the most potential. 2c

Jeffro beat me to it lol

See from a collector point of view youre right, UX130 will always be THE key.

But I betcha if those same girls walked to the booth and saw UX130 next to Dazzler 1, theyd still pick #1, regardless of price.

Also, as an investment I think the dollar youd pay for a Dazzler 1 copy today would appreciate well more than the 100 9.0-9.6 youd pay for a NM UX130, percentage wise, if Dazzler became a heavy hitter

:roflmao: ...yup that books awful

Thoughts?

If you bought those 200 copies at current market you probably got your money back from just selling those three at the con to those girls.

After seeing XForce #2 explode I really believe everything..

But thats a diff story altogether

Thoughts?

(thumbs u I did the same recently, but Mine have 9.2 and above in them. I just need to go through them.

I meant that they were VF - NM range.. Plenty of 9.4-9.8 between them

Stranger things have happened, the cinematic universe holds the strings these days. I'd lean toward X-men 130 for the most potential. 2c

Jeffro beat me to it lol

But I betcha if those same girls walked to the booth and saw UX130 next to Dazzler 1, theyd still pick #1, regardless of price.

Also, as an investment I think the dollar youd pay for a Dazzler 1 copy today would appreciate well more than the 100 9.0-9.6 youd pay for a NM UX130, percentage wise, if Dazzler became a heavy hitter

That makes sense, to add fuel to the fire, check out the last 9.8 sale on GPA of Dazzler 1 :o

Thoughts?

I meant that they were VF - NM range.. Plenty of 9.4-9.8 between them

Even Better. :applause:

:roflmao:

+1

Jeffro beat me to it lol

That makes sense, to add fuel to the fire, check out the last 9.8 sale on GPA of Dazzler 1 :o

I havent checked GPA but the Bay had 4 BINs at 95+ for 9.8 the past month