• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Only one staple!

10 posts in this topic

I've recently purchased a captain America 109 with only one staple. There is no indication that there was another staple. The book looks like it was printed with only one. No holes showing that there was one

The question is how does this affect the value? Is it qualified or can it be universal? Other than the missing staple, the book is beautiful.

Any info is appreciated for a noob. Thanks

Thanks for all the info. Next time I'll check more carefully. Definitely a learning experience.

Follow up. In your opinion does this affect value?

I wouldn't say it affects the value as much as it limits your buying pool, Kind of the same way a mis wrap or date stamp does. No biggie to some and a deal breaker to another.

Manufactured with one staple. Kinda wished it had said so on the label. (shrug)

I hear ya. Although it rightfully doesn't impact the grade of a book, a buyer has a right to know. Often the structure of the book is ever-so-slightly impacted, and if you're going to pay 9.4, I can see why you'd want every bit of it. :grin:

ST142FMar66_zps4cbb2689.jpg

Manufactured with one staple. Kinda wished it had said so on the label. (shrug)

ST142FCGC94WMar66_zps68c8b179.jpg

If you really wanted too. You can ask The CGC to change the label to mention the manufacturers error.

I only found out about the single staple when I deslabbed the book. (shrug)

Though I wouldn't have bought the book if I had known it had only one staple, it's actually so nice a book, I really don't want to let go of it. :makepoint: