• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Original Art collection just got a charitable bump!

4 posts in this topic

It was a dark and stormy knight at Grasshopper's Comics on Long Island, NY. They were having their Annual Holiday party. Thanks John, Elaine and Dan!

I had just made a generous donation for tickets towards their OA raffle. All the proceeds to go the John Theissen Children's Foundation. All the prizes (100's) were donated by their customers, local businesses and friends/artists in the industry. They had Chris Giarrusso, Al Milgrom and a few other artists sketching for fans all day and into the night. The piece that everyone envied was the Joe Giella painting, done specifically for this event. As John was talking up the piece to get some last minute donations, Joe and his family arrived. What a surprise! Joe is a legend and a true gentleman.

After the "regular" raffle, the Original Art bucket was pulled out to begin drawing for the donated pages. I was ordering the items, going through the scenarios to see what I would take when certain items were gone already (if my name got pulled at all).

Besides the Giella piece there were two sketches by Al Milgrom (Captain Marvel and Shang-chi), a Groot triple by the attending artists, a Stan Lee signed and framed Spider-Man animation cell, a John Buscema Wolverine page, a painted Star Trek/Doctor Who page and a number of other items.

I could not believe it when my name was pulled first and here is my prize:

f017e29d-26ed-4a9e-be4b-5649b59a98c8_zpsf2044b12.jpg

Thanks for Reading,

James

Thanks Mike! Thanks Ron!

Next year I will be paying it forward by donating more and contributing some raffle prizes.

Next year I will announce the party so that some local NY / Long Island boardies can get in on the action with a donation and chance to win some nice prizes. All for a great cause.

James