• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Overstreet grading guide

74 posts in this topic

Check out the Slabs on the cover. Looks like they're not all graded by CGC.

Anyone else pick one up and what do you think? I have only flipped through it so far but looks promising.

16bd0jm.jpg

Any major differences that you've noticed from the last edition? Just curious.

Will this thread go *POOF*? 'Picture being worth a thousand words' and all that.

Looks like Overstreet promotes what we can't say.

2-fer-1, so it's not an 'equal billing' type marketing partnership. And a big-bang 'Modern', as opposed to classic nose-bleed Gold.

Negotiations must've been fun.

The picture on Amazon shows the WD#1 as a CGC book. hm

51nY4uYu3xL_zpsd9c9847e.jpg

Take a look at how Diamond cuts off the whole right-side. Linky lol

And Diamond owns Overstreet, don't they?

The whacky world of marketing-partnerships. (:

:ohnoez:

Gemstone Publishing mentions the unmentionable in their text, and if you click on the cover-image you can glimps the mark of the beast. :ohnoez:Gemstone Publishing

How silly is all this? I mean really? :facepalm: Lawyers divvying up which vendor can show what based on what agreement's in play.

:ohnoez:

Gemstone Publishing mentions the unmentionable in their text, and if you click on the cover-image you can glimps the mark of the beast. :ohnoez:Gemstone Publishing

How silly is all this? I mean really? :facepalm: Lawyers divvying up which vendor can show what based on what agreement's in play.

Voldemort lives!

For those who have the prior edition and picked this new edition up, does this new one have photos that you can see clearly see the defects on a book? The prior edition is fairly useless because the scans were lame, particularly along the edges of books -- no depth at all.

Take the tin foil off my man. If you click the link and then right click on the image and select "Open in new Tab" you get this http://www.diamondcomics.com/catalogimages/STK_IMAGES/STK640001-660000/STK653494.jpg which means that some shmuck at diamond forgot to resize the image for the website. That's all. No great conspiracy.