• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Gwen - Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez

2,566 posts in this topic

Prices are getting crazy now. I'm always surprised when a poor cover goes for a lot regardless of the amount published. That Land cover to Spider-Gwen's first appearance is pretty bad.

I should have purchased a few of the Phantom #1 variant when it was under $20. I will watch and see how many of those end up back on eBay with CGC graded prices. Midtown still has the J Scott Campbell variant but they raised the normal price by a few dollars.

This reminds me of the Death of Superman. Everyone wanted that comic and didn't want to even open it. Basically it was all hype.

I'm quite sure alot of the phantom and other variants will Definitely end up back on ebay being CGC graded. as to comparing this to the whole Death of Superman, i don't think it's that serious. remember Supes was and still is very well known. the general public doesn't know anything of Spider-gwen. not yet at least. these comics are being bought and will be sold by collectors and other comic dealers.

I don't follow the resale on comics that much. So I'm not sure how normal this is for popular characters. I see the Phantom color variant starting around I think $14 go to low $20s then upper $30s. And the lower edition sketch version was upper $30s to start. Plus I see the her first appearance going for a lot.

I just had a hit of nostalgia when trying to get certain Spider-Gwen covers. I remembered those Death of Superman days when I had to put my name on a list to get a few issues. There was a bit of a line to get it as well.

So are ya'll still thinking the 300-swipe is still gonna be "the" variant of this issue?

I think so. If the issue turns out to be good it will be even more popular. It is a play off Amazing #300 which I still think is a great issue.

Prices are getting crazy now. I'm always surprised when a poor cover goes for a lot regardless of the amount published. That Land cover to Spider-Gwen's first appearance is pretty bad.

I should have purchased a few of the Phantom #1 variant when it was under $20. I will watch and see how many of those end up back on eBay with CGC graded prices. Midtown still has the J Scott Campbell variant but they raised the normal price by a few dollars.

This reminds me of the Death of Superman. Everyone wanted that comic and didn't want to even open it. Basically it was all hype.

I'm quite sure alot of the phantom and other variants will Definitely end up back on ebay being CGC graded. as to comparing this to the whole Death of Superman, i don't think it's that serious. remember Supes was and still is very well known. the general public doesn't know anything of Spider-gwen. not yet at least. these comics are being bought and will be sold by collectors and other comic dealers.

I don't follow the resale on comics that much. So I'm not sure how normal this is for popular characters. I see the Phantom color variant starting around I think $14 go to low $20s then upper $30s. And the lower edition sketch version was upper $30s to start. Plus I see the her first appearance going for a lot.

I just had a hit of nostalgia when trying to get certain Spider-Gwen covers. I remembered those Death of Superman days when I had to put my name on a list to get a few issues. There was a bit of a line to get it as well.

So are ya'll still thinking the 300-swipe is still gonna be "the" variant of this issue?

I think so. If the issue turns out to be good it will be even more popular. It is a play off Amazing #300 which I still think is a great issue.

Not only was it a great issue, but that cover was iconic and still is. im sure the phantom variant will be the best seller of the covers come next week.

Midtown has the hughes variant for $212 online (limit one per customer)

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=Spider-Gwen+%231+Cover+H+In_1420044

Rich Henn had this to say about the phantom variant

Just a friendly FYI-----everyone who is getting a Phantom variant of Spider-Gwen #1 ---the Phantom variant for issue #2 is going to book end issue #1 in the sense that issue #1 is the ASM 300 homage----issue #2 Phantom is an homage to ASM 301.

There's an Anastasia's Collectibles Emerald City Spider Gwen Exclusive pictured below. SS op can be found here: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8397928

CVQHup0m.jpg

Midtown has the hughes variant for $212 online (limit one per customer)

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=Spider-Gwen+%231+Cover+H+In_1420044

Rich Henn had this to say about the phantom variant

Just a friendly FYI-----everyone who is getting a Phantom variant of Spider-Gwen #1 ---the Phantom variant for issue #2 is going to book end issue #1 in the sense that issue #1 is the ASM 300 homage----issue #2 Phantom is an homage to ASM 301.

There's an Anastasia's Collectibles Emerald City Spider Gwen Exclusive pictured below. SS op can be found here: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8397928

CVQHup0m.jpg

that's interesting to know. i might end up jumping on a phantom variant #2 if it looks good. they would definitely look cool together graded and all.

While i wouldn't mind getting a Hughes variant, i think the price will ultimately be the deciding factor for me. with a $250 - $300 current price of it, i can easily get a Coppe,or bronze age first appearance of someone graded.