• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Gwen - Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez

2,566 posts in this topic

so according to Bleedincool there will be an Edge Of Spider-Verse #2 variant by Siya Oum which will come out on FCBD for $10.. just spoke to the comicbug store and they confirmed 3,000+ copies for that run..

No pre-orders unfortunately at this point :cry:

Nice.

I want me one.

How about that...

Edge Of Spider-Verse #2, like Action Comics #1, Showcase #4, Giant-Size X-Men #1 and Dark Knight Returns #1 before it, marks the beginning of a bold, new era of comics. An era where diversity isn’t just represented because it’s politically correct, it’s here because it’s now, after so many years, being celebrated! Embraced! Devoured!

Spider-Gwen as we all know, isn’t the first female super-hero by a long shot. BUT she is the first one in my 21 years of retailing to BLOW the doors off the sales chart. And the companies took notice, much like when Nirvana’s Nevermind stormed the charts.

Marvel and, even more so, DC have taken notice and introduced bold and exciting new publishing agendas with an emphasis on bringing the comic book reading audience books that reflect and represent THEM!

It’s an exciting time. Once word spreads to the public at large of what’s going on, there are going to be some people coming in (or coming BACK) to get in on the action.

Why do I say EOSV #2 is the BEGINNING of a new era? Because, like Showcase #4 and Dark Knight Returns, it organically, almost accidentally filled such a desire for certain content and

With it, the floodgates are now wide open to deliver a variety, nay, a plethora of titles no longer with the disclaimer that “female driven comics don’t sell” or “culturally diverse lines aren’t as successful as the proven formula”.

How about that...

Edge Of Spider-Verse #2, like Action Comics #1, Showcase #4, Giant-Size X-Men #1 and Dark Knight Returns #1 before it, marks the beginning of a bold, new era of comics. An era where diversity isn’t just represented because it’s politically correct, it’s here because it’s now, after so many years, being celebrated! Embraced! Devoured!

Spider-Gwen as we all know, isn’t the first female super-hero by a long shot. BUT she is the first one in my 21 years of retailing to BLOW the doors off the sales chart. And the companies took notice, much like when Nirvana’s Nevermind stormed the charts.

Marvel and, even more so, DC have taken notice and introduced bold and exciting new publishing agendas with an emphasis on bringing the comic book reading audience books that reflect and represent THEM!

It’s an exciting time. Once word spreads to the public at large of what’s going on, there are going to be some people coming in (or coming BACK) to get in on the action.

Why do I say EOSV #2 is the BEGINNING of a new era? Because, like Showcase #4 and Dark Knight Returns, it organically, almost accidentally filled such a desire for certain content and

With it, the floodgates are now wide open to deliver a variety, nay, a plethora of titles no longer with the disclaimer that “female driven comics don’t sell” or “culturally diverse lines aren’t as successful as the proven formula”.

So.... EoSV #2 is now "like" Action Comics #1, Showcase #4, et al?

And not like, say What-if #105 or Marvel Spotlight #32? Or Ultimate Spider-Man #1?

Not even AF 15? You know, the storyline it actually copy and pasted?

And after exactly 1 storyline, four months, and 0 months of in-title appearances?

:roflmao:

I think we may have officially jumped the shark. And if not, the Ski-Doo is definitely revving.

-J.

How about that...

And not like, say What-if #105 or Marvel Spotlight #32? Or Ultimate Spider-Man #1?

And after exactly 1 storyline, four months, and 0 months of in-title appearances?

I think we may have officially jumped the shark. And if not, the Ski-Doo is definitely revving.

-J.

It's a matter of time before the EOSV Grail is in your sig line now Jay lol

How about that...

-J.

It's a matter of time before the EOSV Grail is in your sig line now Jay lol

:whistle::whee:

-J.

Not sure I'd lump it in with Action 1 or Showcase 4 no matter what the reasoning.

Yeah, or DKR...

He may be a tad overzealous...

I think its more PR for his EoSV 2 reprint than anything else. Which I'm surprised Marvel is OK with since it's "free" for $10.

Right. The entire point of FCBD is to give out free books to everyone and anyone who wants a single copy to celebrate the genre. The intention is to get traffic in the stores that day, to bring attention to this media form and hopefully make someone fall in love with comics and become a regular buyer.

Making $$ off of FCBD books just seems sleazy, at least retailers doing so, the secondary market is different. Save books that you have left over for next year and have a larger selection.