• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The thinning of the herd! (Gasp!!) posted by Jumpmaster

4 posts in this topic

Thinning the herd, culling the collection, consolidating?!?

I have recently begun the harrowing process of trying to redefine my collecting goals. I have gotten rid of several sets, sold off many modern books, and am currently working on refocusing my collection on the mutant books that made me fall in love with collecting to begin with. I want to refocus on the X-Men and related appearances, I.E... the missing years collection. I am still going to be collecting Iron Fist, Werewolf by Night, and Tomb of Dracula. Hopefully this will lead to a nicer overall run of books that are thematically similar. Additionally, I will have an easier time completing the sets I am working on. Wish me luck on this one. Make Mine Marvel!!!

See more journals by Jumpmaster

Good luck! Having focus in your collecting goals is a good thing. It ultimately results in much better overall sets and collection in general.

Don't be like me. All over the place. I have so many different sets that I eventually want to complete that it will take forever to do them all, since I can't just focus on one at a time.

Your way will yield better results faster.

Again, good luck!

Jumpmaster! Good to hear from you. You know I love your collection and X-men focus so of course I think you're making a great decision. I've gone through the purging process a few times over the years with only minor regrets. In the end, I don't see how you can go wrong selling books you like in order to buy books you love.

For all intents and purposes my X-men the Missing Years set is complete (only one more to submit for grading) and I couldn't be happier about it. With that though I also need to start branching out a little...since Cap (Steve, no one else) has become one of my favorite characters I've been working on a nice reading copy set (Fine and up) of Tales of Suspense 58-99 and Cap 100-125. These stories are amazing and I can see myself going after graded copies next.

Best of luck on your collection and hope to see more posts from you!

Heya Jump :) congrats on refocusing the collection :) Ill tell you it always makes it easier to collect. Give us a list of what your looking for. As a former X-Men collector "I think I still have a few hundred books or so from 1964-1990 LoL" I can tell you it was fun putting the run together :)