• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My 1st golden age comic......if you still have yours show it off!!!

88 posts in this topic

I know I've shown this before...but I never get tired of it.

14171886545_f1d87ce66d.jpg

mm

And I never get tired of seeing it, that book has been on my want list for a long time. :cloud9:

In the early 90s, a fellow collector picked up the Gerber Photo Journals for me and whoa... I was hooked on the Timely and DC WWII covers. This All Select 3 was my first and still in my collection. After 20 years off, I got back into collecting two years ago and the first Gold book I got was Captain America 13, my grail.

650-All-Select-3_zps6dc0d341.jpg

I know I've shown this before...but I never get tired of it.

14171886545_f1d87ce66d.jpg

mm

And I never get tired of seeing it, that book has been on my want list for a long time. :cloud9:

In the early 90s, a fellow collector picked up the Gerber Photo Journals for me and whoa... I was hooked on the Timely and DC WWII covers. This All Select 3 was my first and still in my collection. After 20 years off, I got back into collecting two years ago and the first Gold book I got was Captain America 13, my grail.

Your ALL SELECT #3 is TERRIFIC ! :applause::applause::applause:

I don't have a single one in my collection...for some reason I don't remember ever

seeing one on the newsstand...if I did I'm sure I would have at least one.

mm

My first was a Batman 68 in around fine for 20 bucks or so..... It's been so long I can't remember exactly where I got it..... gone now. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Mine was Batman 31, purchased from Samuel Fraizer (anyone remember him ?). Can't remember how much but probably about $40. Spent food money on it and jus ate real cheap for a month. I still have it.

If he was based out of NY I knew him.

My first was a Cap 6 for $1, pre 1988, had no idea what it was and it wasn't in the monthly guide, traded it for a few crappie Amazing Spider man which I still regret. I did manage to get back one of my early golden age books this past year

cap30cgc80.jpg

I am very happy to have found it again and it won't be going anywhere ever again.

James G

:cloud9::acclaim: