• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action #1 scam on ebay

28 posts in this topic

But that's my point. He clearly says its a picture of acion comics #1

How do you definite "clearly"? I don't think it's very clear if it's buried in a massive wall of text.

-------------

The original panels were rewritten and redrawn to create the first page of Action Comics #1: Baby Superman is sent to Earth by in a "hastily-devised space ship" from "a distant planet" which "was destroyed by old age". After the space ship lands on Earth, "a passing motorist, discovering the sleeping baby within, turned the child over to an orphanage". The baby Superman lifts a large chair overhead with one hand, astounding the orphanage attendants with "his feats of strength". When Superman (now named reaches maturity, he discovers that he can leap 1/8 of a mile, hurdle 20-story buildings, "raise tremendous weights", outrun a train, and "that nothing less than a bursting shell could penetrate his skin". Clark decides that "he must turn his titanic strength into channels that would benefit mankind, and so was created 'Superman', after the payment is received you will get an image of the acion comics issue 1 this is only a photo of issue 1 front cover. it is not the comic. champion of the oppressed....

---------------

(Bolding is mine)

yep its a common scam- a vague description with the actual item buried somewhere in the text. completely fraudulent. It does not say 'Picture of action #1', in the listing, it says 'Action #1'

yep its a common scam- a vague description with the actual item buried somewhere in the text. completely fraudulent. It does not say 'Picture of action #1', in the listing, it says 'Action #1'

So no one is reading it closely. It doesn't say action comics #1 it says acion comics #1. He forgot the 't'.

Item location said mexico, new york.

Mexico, NY is about 25 to miles north of Syracuse.

Didn't know there was a city in NY named Mexico lol

lol I did not know this either! I learned something new today.

Looking at the Google Map, there is a great geography trivia question - what is the closest city to Mexico Bay? Syracuse.