• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signed and Graded Stan Lee SKETCH value...

28 posts in this topic

I've got a slabbed Stan Lee signature and Spidey sketch and wanted to know what the value would be like. It's an Amazing Spider-man #1.4 Fan Expo Variant CGC 9.8. Thinking about what I should value it at. Any suggestions? The contest was that ONE of 20 two-book sets would have the Stan Lee sketch, signed, and graded book. It was chosen at random and I lucked out. So I think it would be worth more than "the sticker price" I'd think.

cxgjdiY.png

The reason Stan doesn't do many sketchs is because he isn't an artist. He wrote books he never drew them. His brother is the artist. He however has done numerous "remarks" which is what that is called that he did above. It adds basically no value. Put it to you this way. You bought this from a seller that anyone could have bought from right? How much did you pay? That is basically what it's worth.

Here found this for you. Value is $180. Cause that's what they were selling them for.

http://www.stanleestuff.com/blogs/news/15380337-stan-lee-signed-sketch-variant-opportunity

Nah, I think that's a low figure...his copy is the golden ticket, one of twenty, it is the prized copy in the link you posted... :D

Applying modern variant math you take the cost of the "regular version" & list that sucker on e-bay using 20 x $180 = $3600

then accept the first offer over $500 :shy:

Seriously though, I'd probably ballpark it at $500..there is some value when reselling good luck.

A Stan Lee spiderman remark is not rare. Anyone that pays for the large meet and greet with Stan can get one, I saw one a couple years ago from a board member (it was personalized, we have the same name). I asked about it then got one for myself and other did as well during the M&G.

I would put the value at around 300-450 on a very good day and hope the people who are bidding on it are aware of the contest (link it in the auction) to try and drum up value.

A Stan Lee spiderman remark is not rare. Anyone that pays for the large meet and greet with Stan can get one, I saw one a couple years ago from a board member (it was personalized, we have the same name). I asked about it then got one for myself and other did as well during the M&G.

I would put the value at around 300-450 on a very good day and hope the people who are bidding on it are aware of the contest (link it in the auction) to try and drum up value.

Agreed. Maybe $500 on the right day. Absolute top end.

Agreed. Maybe $500 on the right day. Absolute top end.

In the case of the book in question, I'd agree with this.

Generally speaking, I see somewhere between 5 and 10 Signature Series certified sketches from Stan appear for sale appear per year. They are way less common than his signature, but not impossible to find.

th_MarvelsProject1-LeeSpidey.jpg