• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
43 43

6,172 posts in this topic

On 6/27/2022 at 4:11 PM, The Meta said:

Because I thought the point of having something graded was to know the grade

The case was to protect the grade

Its evolved from being about the book, to being about the case

Which is exactly what CGC wants people to believe

Not quite.  It really is about both the grade and the holder:preach:  In CGC's own words:

Holder.thumb.png.394185f58c40315a5aa56078ba75ff3f.png

On 6/27/2022 at 6:57 PM, I like pie said:

100% Most of the time, when people say it doesn't bother them,  they have yet to see the bad ones that cover the entire front cover. 

If I hadn't packed for moving, I'd show you several examples in my collection 

On 6/27/2022 at 7:28 PM, I like pie said:

Do you display them in the open? I can understand if you just keep them in a box but I have mine on the walls.

No I don't display my books

Reason 1, I don't have a place I can

Reason 2, I'm not sure about sunlight, so better safe than sorry

Reason 3, I have no friends or people I want to show off to

I have a multi-level fail to report.

I sent in two Justice League Dark #1s, a regular and a variant.

I received two variant copies with the same certificate number. But I never realized it as I do send in duplicates at times and assumed I sent and received two copies of the same book. So, the main cover morphed into the variant cover at one point at CGC. 

One copy had newton rings and was sent back. The other I sold on ebay. The customer sent me a photo of the cert number of the one they received and it matches the cert number I sent back to CGC

Going through the box of recases that returned from CGC and everything looked good. Until I noticed I had a new Zatanna book. I do collect Zatanna, so I didn't notice at first that it had a Justice League Dark #1 variant label.

So, twice I had a book get replaced with another, both upgrades to a degree, and all 9.8s. 

Somewhere there are two customers who are wondering where their books are, as one of my regular books changed to a variant, then changed again to a Zatanna book. It's like it's Magic (CIGAM)!

I am in the process of trying to clear this up.

IMG_0100.JPG

Edited by Robert_L

I would respect CGC and regard them as the undisputed number 1 company in the biz if they did a submission freeze for 2-3 months, caught up and trained enough people so that, come fall, they could resume regular operations with a tip top staff that prevented these errors so that they happened less than 2% of the time and had turnaround times that made sense.

A man can dream...can't he?

Edited by comicginger1789

On 6/28/2022 at 12:34 PM, comicginger1789 said:

I would respect CGC and regard them as the undisputed number 1 company in the biz if they did a submission freeze for 2-3 months, caught up and trained enough people so that, come fall, they could resume regular operations with a tip top staff that prevented these errors so that they happened less than 2% of the time and had turnaround times that made sense.

do a freeze after San Diego Comic-Con

On 6/28/2022 at 11:34 AM, comicginger1789 said:

On 6/28/2022 at 12:40 PM, Ares said:

do a freeze after San Diego Comic-Con

EachSilverLarva-max-1mb.gif.735d2db04b7eff0e02cd7e2c97c01e5a.gif

On 6/28/2022 at 11:34 AM, comicginger1789 said:

I don’t think a freeze is the way to go. Like it or not, there are a lot of people that make their living selling comics they have CGC grade. I think a good option may be to not allow brand new books to be submitted. Maybe make it so a book must be at least six months old before or can be sent in. This could cut back on people sending new books in based on speculation. 

On 6/28/2022 at 3:41 PM, Robert_L said:

Yes, we would all agree.

Did you submit this book? If so, contact Customer Service, they are extremely helpful and will get this squared up,

Yes my submission Waiting for a reply :\