• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
42 42

6,217 posts in this topic

On 9/14/2022 at 8:30 PM, toro said:

:pullhair: Don't know if you would consider this quality control.

All my books are sent back by FedEx and they are shipped directly to the local Walgreens to be held there.  Someone shipped my books back using USPS, they arrived in the my city today and got refused (don't know if they tried to deliver them to Walgreens) and now are on there way back to Florida.  This was a FT order that had not moved in ages.  I was happy to see it finally get done and shipped, didn't noticed they screwed up the shipping.  :tonofbricks:

So now to top this they have sent back another submission to me, this time FedEx- Express not FedEx ground like I requested and is clearly stated FedEx Ground on the packing slip.  My credit card gets charged $161 instead of $26, they are looking into it.  :pullhair:

Edited by toro

On 9/21/2022 at 12:53 PM, toro said:

So now to top this they have sent back another submission to me, this time FedEx- Express not FedEx ground like I requested and is clearly stated FedEx Ground on the packing slip.  My credit card gets charged $161 instead of $26, they are looking into it.  :pullhair:

They are falling apart.

This is ridiculous.

Good thing there is an option.

Short version below,

He had a Neal Adams sketch slabbed and CGC sent it USPS even though FedEx is set as preferred. USPS lost it and can’t find it. CGC said the switch in shipping carrier was a “glitch”.

Second, George Perez sketch sent to CGC with a batch of books through a facilitator. Books get graded and boxed up around the time Mr Perez passes away.  Shipping label created but box of graded sketch covers never gets picked up, no tracking info and CGC can’t find the box. 

Does anyone know if ME's get "fixed" on the same kind of TAT tiering as regular submissions?

Or did I pay for Walkthrough service, CGC messes up, I send them back for ME, and now have to wait weeks for my original Walkthrough submission to be correct and in my hands?

@manetteska, Unfortunately, I had a similar issue with a "Standard" sub, sent back as ME, and when I asked CGC, the CS Rep told me 2-8 weeks for CCS as part of the ME process (which is >> Standard CCS times), then it will move to grading "expedited" but no quote of TATs there....

https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/512700-standard-submission-skipped-pressing-me-re-submit-also-skipped-again/

So, pretty much plan on waiting more than double your original expectations... along with twice the stress of shipping anxiety... 

Edited by circuitryusa

• Administrator
On 9/21/2022 at 5:15 PM, manetteska said:

Does anyone know if ME's get "fixed" on the same kind of TAT tiering as regular submissions?

Or did I pay for Walkthrough service, CGC messes up, I send them back for ME, and now have to wait weeks for my original Walkthrough submission to be correct and in my hands?

ME's are expedited.  (about 4 weeks) If pressing is involved, the TAT will be longer.  

On 9/12/2022 at 6:36 AM, Sigur Ros said:

There's no reason to think there will be any "settling down".  It's not like anything has changed at the company that caused a disruption.

I believe the entire operation has been moved around in the last year or so in an effort to make the process more efficient. To me, this would qualify as a major disruption which has undoubtedly complicated things...  :whistle:    

I understand that this new guy made changes, but at some point it seems like these guys have to say "These new ways of doing things don't seem to be getting us the results we were hoping for. We need to try something else."

I'm not saying that point has been reached, but this thread doesn't seem to slowing down.

On 9/11/2022 at 11:59 AM, Sigur Ros said:

Over the years, I've seen quite a number of complaints about lost books with CGC.

I've seen one involving CBCS.

Over 300 books.  That’s a dump truck full.  The magnitude of failure by cbcs is unprecedented and inexcusable 

On 9/21/2022 at 7:59 PM, CGC Mike said:
On 9/21/2022 at 4:15 PM, manetteska said:

ME's are expedited.  (about 4 weeks) If pressing is involved, the TAT will be longer.  

No pressing is needed, unless they really mess something up to get to the swapped labels.

So due to CGC's QC (?) error, my Walkthrough TAT of 3 days is now actually 3 days (per CGC site) + multiple rounds of shipping + ~ 4 weeks of ME time?

On 9/22/2022 at 1:55 PM, manetteska said:

No pressing is needed, unless they really mess something up to get to the swapped labels.

So due to CGC's QC (?) error, my Walkthrough TAT of 3 days is now actually 3 days (per CGC site) + multiple rounds of shipping + ~ 4 weeks of ME time?

call them and let them know, either they should refund your original walkthrough service charge or expedite the fix

On 9/21/2022 at 3:31 PM, sevans1979 said:

Short version below,

He had a Neal Adams sketch slabbed and CGC sent it USPS even though FedEx is set as preferred. USPS lost it and can’t find it. CGC said the switch in shipping carrier was a “glitch”.

Second, George Perez sketch sent to CGC with a batch of books through a facilitator. Books get graded and boxed up around the time Mr Perez passes away.  Shipping label created but box of graded sketch covers never gets picked up, no tracking info and CGC can’t find the box. 

Geez who was in charge of mailing. the voldemort group?