• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr.X's Christmas Contest 2014 Is In Motion

890 posts in this topic

Before we get started here, just a few things. I hope everyone has a good holiday season, and we should all be thankful for what we have.

It seems every year we lose another member or so. Let's not forget all of the good people we have lost to tragedy.

Let's have some fun here, but please no more gifs. I've seen enough for a bit. Well, maybe just a few.

:news:

THE RULES :rulez:

1. You get one guess in this contest, and one guess only.. Remember that, as if your very life depended on it. Take your time. lol

2. I write down the answers as we go. If you go back and change your answer, your disqualified from the contest. Think man, think.

3. :news: Closest people to the actual amount, wether higher or lower will be the winners. :acclaim:

4. Contest is open to any legit boardie. If you're on the probation list, in the HOS, or I just don't like you, kiss my azz.

5. If you notice someone in the contest that's on the Probation list or in the HOS, please bring it to my attention and I'll run them out on a rail.

6. FREE Shipping anywhere to the winners of the main contest only and the four prizes.

7. CONTEST DEADLINE IS 6 P.M. Central Time on Sunday the 21st (thumbs u

THE CONTEST - READ CAREFULLY - PART #1

FREE SHIPPING WORLD WIDE ON THIS PART ONLY

This years contest will be a bit different than last year. There are actually two things going on this year. I'll explain in a bit. The main contest is the same as last year.

I have a huge container that I save coins in all year. At the end of the year I cash it in, and my two daughters get the proceeds.

You can pull up last years contest for the amount that won, but it won't do you any good. I've thrown a monkey wrench or two into the mix this year.

I usually go to the bank a few times a week. To sweeten the pot, I randomly picked up a few rolls of dimes, quarters, whatever, here and there.

I also tossed in a random number of Gold Dollars ( face amount is one dollar ) between 1 and 19, so

take your time guessing. No dimensions this year either on the container. It's Military secret like this contest. :banana:

Last year we had over one hundred people who played. I hope we can top it this year.

I WILL POST THE PIC OF THE TICKET MACHINE NUMBER AS IT CAME OUT OF THE HOPPER FROM THE BANK WHEN THE CONTEST IS OVER

CONTEST ENDS SUNDAY NIGHT 12/21 AT 6 P.M CENTRAL TIME :blahblah:

THE CONTEST - READ CAREFULLY - PART #2

THE MYSTERY BOXES - U.S. RESIDENTS ONLY! :whee:

I decided to add something a bit different this year. This part of the contest is only open residents in the U.S. due the the shipping factor. I'll try and figure something out for you overseas freaks next year.

There are eight mystery boxes available. Each box is the same size and weight. Six of the boxes contain modern drek from back stock. Most are X - Men, Fantastic Four, etc, related books and such and I really don't remember whats in them as they were packed months ago. Most are unread store back stock so they are in nice shape.

Two of the boxes will contain a Hard Cover book. These are both brand new and still in shrink wrap.

mysteryboxesforcontest001.jpg

mysteryboxesforcontest002.jpg

I couldn't see spending over $25.00 per box to ship drek overseas or to Greggy's cardboard box, so that's the reason its limited to the U.S. I'll get you overseas guys next year when I have more time to figure something out.

Here are the extra prize books that are in two of the boxes. Brand new and still in shrink wrap. Like I said, these were packed some time ago and have no idea what box they in, and frankly could care less. Someone will get em.

I would appreciate the winner of these books posting it here when they recieve it.

Image-3.jpg

Image-6.jpg

1. Once I give the signal and the contest in in motion the symbol below will be randomly posted throughout the contest at random time's, in between the guess's.

This will continue up until the time that all eight boxes are claimed with a quoted :takeit: . I could post the symbol at 1:00 P.M. or at 3:00 A.M., could be the first five minutes, or the last ten, or when I roll out of bed to hit the can at four in the morning.

animated-present-and-gift-image-0021.gif

2. When you see the pulsating present, the first boardie who quotes the box with :takeit: gets it.

You must quote the box with an :takeit:. Winners by time stamp. I will then attach names to the quoted boxes as we go.

3. ONLY ONE MYSTERY BOX PER BOARDIE AND U.S. RESIDENTS ONLY. And that includes Greggy. :gossip:

4. Like I just said, once you claim a box, I will attach the winners name to it. One box per boardie. I know it sounds like alot of krap in this thing but its really pretty simple.

5. All prizes will be mailed out within 30 days of the contest closing. Have at it you creeps. :acclaim:

:acclaim:

4th Place

Marvel Masterworks hardcover of

MENACE

Brand new and shrink wrapped. Featuring Issue numbers #1 - #11 with all the greats in here. Stan Lee, Evertt, Russ Heath, Gene Colon, John Romita Jr.,Joe Sinott, and many more.

contestbooks2015002.jpg

2ND Place

Ditko Monsters Hard Cover by IDW - KONGA

Brand new and unread. Last year it was Gorgo, this year goes to the purple ape. 328 pages of full color pulse pounding excitement. :whee:

contestbooks2015005.jpg

contestbooks2015004.jpg

contestbooks2015009.jpg

contestbooks2015007.jpg

contestbooks2015008.jpg

:acclaim:

1st Place

gets a copy of this hardcover EC Archives in all its glory and morbid full color terror.

CRIME SUSPENSE STORIES Volume One featuring issues #1 - #6.

Brand new, unread and in shrink wrap, wow baby wow. :whee:

contestbooks2015010.jpg

contestbooks2015012.jpg

contestbooks2015011.jpg

contestbooks2015013.jpg

:news:

Coming up next, the container with the loot. Remember you get one guess. P.M. me with any questions.

I'll be around tomarrow afternoon sporadically since my wife is working at home tomarrow.