• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there a clear backing board availabel?

35 posts in this topic

I have a few I bought years ago. They are kinds translucent, but more clear than cloudy. Problem is, Im not sure they are archival, unless they are an ultra thick mylar material. Ive also seen some very think clear plastic backings too. But I dont use them. I guess theres a need to look at backs now what with CGC including them heavily in their grading procedures..... You can always just put your book in a mylay without a boards and be a bit more careful not to let them bend too much... Theyre fine standing up in boxes that way, and it saves a LOT of space in the boxes too.

No, I'm a true beliver in the board, but as you mentioned, I would want them to be archival. I don't want all my books to be slabbed, for I beleive unless it's a important 1st app, key, or has a great monetary value one should not slab them.

No, I'm a true beliver in the board, but as you mentioned, I would want them to be archival. I don't want all my books to be slabbed, for I beleive unless it's a important 1st app, key, or has a great monetary value one should not slab them.

If you want archival, rigid, clear boards they are going to be VERY expensive. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That is a good idea, hard to beleive Greggy came up with it(just kiddin G/ screwy.gif). Seems like it would wedge up the middle of the book though, and give it the air pocket/pillow effect when the board was removed though?

Have you seen the amout of CGC 9.8 books he has come up with? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif