• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there a clear backing board availabel?

35 posts in this topic

Hmmmm...I wonder what a search on "clear backing board" would come up with - oh look - "Clear backing boards" for sale! stooges.gif

Hardly anyone seems to use the search feature. Hence the weekly threads on Bill Cole and E Gerber. foreheadslap.gif

I agree - foreheadslap.gif.

So where do you guys buy your supplies? insane.gif

Lighthouse. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Ultra-Pro top loaders work well with Marvel Giant-Size comics. Put one in a mylite sleeve first, then into the top loader, and you have a archivally safe, rigid, fully-viewable comic.

An archivally safe, rigid, fully-viewable comic which doesn't fit into most comic book boxes. Those top loaders are rather wide, aren't they?

Ultra-Pro top loaders work well with Marvel Giant-Size comics. Put one in a mylite sleeve first, then into the top loader, and you have a archivally safe, rigid, fully-viewable comic.

An archivally safe, rigid, fully-viewable comic which doesn't fit into most comic book boxes. Those top loaders are rather wide, aren't they?

Just use magazine boxes. Silver age mylars don't fit into regular boxes either.

That would great if you had a really tiny collection of comics. gossip.gif

Top loaders are 7-1/2" wide, so while they don't fit into the skinny current-size comic boxes (most 4 mil mylars don't either), they do fit the silver/golden size comic boxes - for example size C-13 from BCE:

BCE boxes

Boy, I do miss those acrylic comic screwdown slabs. I thought those were a great idea, and I stocked up on a bunch before they ended production years ago. More protected than any other slab out there, for simple display and handling.

The Fortress? Got any for sale?

14101025001o.jpg

Boy, I do miss those acrylic comic screwdown slabs. I thought those were a great idea, and I stocked up on a bunch before they ended production years ago. More protected than any other slab out there, for simple display and handling.

The Fortress? Got any for sale?

14101025001o.jpg

I was at a comic auction last year that had a few of these (with comics in them) for sale. I recall they were graded by Pacific Coast or something like that, PCS maybe? Anyone familiar with that company? In any event, the comics came slabbed in the screw-down holder and a two-sided grading sheet came separately. I believe the comics were graded on a 100-point scale with the defects noted on the sheet.

During the preview, my friend Stephen and I made the auction house give us a screwdriver and we took them apart to get a better look at the books! devil.gif