• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what is the highest grade for a comic with a missing mvs?

25 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I just recently won a auction on ebay with the hulk 181 missing the marvel value stamp and was wondering what the max grade it can get is?

hulk 181 link

http://outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed.ebay.com/outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?campid=5337214861&toolid=10001&customid=CGCForum&mpre=http://www.ebay.ca/itm/161517599153?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Its gonna be Green. Why not post a scan in the PGM section

I hope it doesn't get green I'd rather get a 1.0 blue label then a whatever green label because people treat that like restored and I post the pics there

I have gotten books back missing the MVS in 9.8 Qualified. If you want universal it would be a huge hit grade wise. Then again, it all depends on the shape of the book to begin with.

Yeah, I'd personally rather have a 9.8 in a green label than the same book as a 3.0 in blue... but that's just me.

-slym

I have gotten books back missing the MVS in 9.8 Qualified. If you want universal it would be a huge hit grade wise. Then again, it all depends on the shape of the book to begin with.

I posted the link here as well do you think they would benefit from a dry clean and press Joey?

Yeah, I'd personally rather have a 9.8 in a green label than the same book as a 3.0 in blue... but that's just me.

-slym

well whatever make me more money I'll be happy with :)

Was it the lot that had the burned top corner?

yes it's the lot with the burned top corners and what damage do burns count as?

Bad damage.

meaning it wouldn't be worth getting dry cleaned and pressed right?

Way too hard to ignore a burn through the entire book. Add the fact that it's missing the stamp and that it's in the VG range (putting aside the burn for a moment) and what you already paid, it might be hard to recoup any more dollars you invest in it.

Way too hard to ignore a burn through the entire book. Add the fact that it's missing the stamp and that it's in the VG range (putting aside the burn for a moment) and what you already paid, it might be hard to recoup any more dollars you invest in it.

I would agree after reviewing the photos.

Bad damage.

The area around the burn is most likely very dry and brittle. Any work done could result in further damage.

Bad damage.

The area around the burn is most likely very dry and brittle. Any work done could result in further damage.

Thanks for the input Joey I appreciate it :)