• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

is this considered original art?

6 posts in this topic

Is this still considered original art? I recently received a splash page that looks like a big sticker (i dont think its a sticker) is pasted on the whole page. Just the very edges of the page looks like ink. Is this original art? Was this common? Page is from the mid 70s. Any help is much appreciated!

Is this still considered original art? I recently received a splash page that looks like a big sticker (i dont think its a sticker) is pasted on the whole page. Just the very edges of the page looks like ink. Is this original art? Was this common? Page is from the mid 70s. Any help is much appreciated!

Is the "sticker" part, which sounds like a Stat...is it original art, or a copy (xerox)?

What about the rest of the panels?

Is it published?

A lot of art from the 70s was often resized for some printing, there are some Kirby Eternals pages like that. It's a stat in the middle of the page and then a member of the bullpen mounted it to a larger board and then drew in the edges. It's original production art but it's not the original art. I.e. In this case it was the page used to create the Eternals comic buts it's not an original Kirby.

If your piece is like THIS , then yes it would be dishonest to call it anything more than what it is - a huge stat with some original edgework in ink, likely done by Marvel production department staff vs either the original penciler or inker.

Re: The piece I linked to, worth maybe $150 as an ancillary novelty, but priced in the ballpark of the actual pencil/ink original (which the Donnelly's have on CAF), an obvious fishin' for suckas expedition :)