• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What were the best NEW comics you read in 2014 ?

49 posts in this topic

EDIT: Forgot Wytches. Also very promising start. The tough part about rating something as the "best of 2014" after only reading one issue is the possibility it all goes to hell by issue 3.

Haha, no doubt....

I can't wait to get my Copperheads in. Everyone seems to really like this book.

Spread, C-Head, Alex & Ada, Deadly Class, Outkast, Black Science!

Getting pretty bored with Nailbiter.

I've liked Low pretty well.

Surprised that Birthright was good. I passed on it many times in the shop, but flipped thru it every week until I bought the series.

I'm so-so on Southern Bs. Definitely prefer Men of Wrath so far.

Patrick

Definitely Wytches and Outcast. Both of them are pretty good. Has anyone picked up Men of Wrath (I think that is how they spelled it?)? I've really enjoyed it too.

I missed Rasputin and Spread. Are they still affordable and worth picking up in singles? I might have to look them up.

Spread is still cheap but I expect that will change. It is a wonderful book. The character "No" is one of my favorites in years. The book itself is serious but every once in a while has little lighthearted and humanizing moments that make it all come together for a GREAT story imo.

Spread is still cheap but I expect that will change. It is a wonderful book. The character "No" is one of my favorites in years. The book itself is serious but every once in a while has little lighthearted and humanizing moments that make it all come together for a GREAT story imo.

+1

Very few titles from Marvel and Dc in your choices

hm

I believe a few have listed Moon Knight... I don't read any of the Big Two anymore, the last new 2014 book that I tried from one of the Big Two was Iron Fist but I let that go after five.

I think there is simply a disproportionate number of Image readers on these boards, and... well, maybe Image releases more, better 'new' books than either of the Big Two since that isn't really the business that Marvel and DC are in.