• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What were the best NEW comics you read in 2014 ?

49 posts in this topic

The only books on my 2014 list are Copperhead, Southern Bastards, Ms. Marvel, & The Fade Out.

It's not that there weren't other great 2014 books (Outcast, Birthright, Bunker...), but there are so many books from 2012 & 2013 on my pull list (Saga, Sex Criminals, East of West, Lazarus, Revival...) that there was only so much room for new 2014 books.

Very few titles from Marvel and Dc in your choices

hm

I believe a few have listed Moon Knight... I don't read any of the Big Two anymore, the last new 2014 book that I tried from one of the Big Two was Iron Fist but I let that go after five.

I think there is simply a disproportionate number of Image readers on these boards, and... well, maybe Image releases more, better 'new' books than either of the Big Two since that isn't really the business that Marvel and DC are in.

The last Big Two book I read was the Joker HC in like 2008 I believe. One of the first comic I read when I got back into comics. Before that the last Big Two comic I read was probably an issue of Amazing Spiderman in 1993 or 1994.

EDIT: Oh wait, I did finally read Weapon X either this year or last. But that was old material.