• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Marvel Experience

37 posts in this topic

Here is the Main entrance. There are Shield agents throughout, pretty cool.

Entrance.jpg

So you get a wristband with a RFID on it. You create a profile and it tracks your scores. There are games inside and basically you place your wrist by the reader and it identifies you.

Registration.jpg

Upon entrance its a news cast talking about these Shield Domes appearing. Naturally Jameson was blaming Spider-man for them.

Shield_Domes_news.jpg

This was a cool piece. Just about everything was touch screen, the orange dots are enemies. You can tap the dot and it shows you who it is with a brief bio. Then you have these Alerts that pop up. Basically several enemies are converging on an area. You have to identify the threat level, and decide how to react, deploy Shield, Deploy Avenger or Avengers team. Basically the enemies have threat levels assigned so that's how you decide what to do.

Situation_Map.jpg

My wife with T'Challa, I believe the entire Avengers Cast was Iron Man, Cap, Fury, Spidey, Hulk, She Hulk, Black Widow, Black Panther, Thor and Iron Fist. I was a bit disappointed that Ms Marvel/Captain Marvel wasn't there.

Black_Panther.jpg

Classified_Filed_1.jpg

Classified files which were some famous covers, a little something for the comic fans. Also had these little screens all over where you can look up character bios.

Classified_Files.jpg

This was one of the games, Spider-man wall climbing. Its like a mini rock wall on a huge vertical treadmill. Above there is a video showing you and Spidey- climbing up the building.

Climbing_Wall.jpg

Fury_Intro.jpg

Info.jpg

Kind of like an IMAX movie, this was projected on the top. Fury and company bringing you up to speed.

Intro_Jocasta.jpg

This was an awesome display.

Iron_Man_Props.jpg

Some more Props to look at.

Loki_Props.jpg

Its a pretty big place, the blueprint maps are pretty cool.

Map.jpg

Pretty cools props throughout to look at.

Thor_props.jpg

Posing with the wristbands at the entrance.

Wristband.jpg

Ok this was super hard. One of the games was Black Widow's Maze where there are lasers and you have to get to the end and back, hitting these checkpoint buttons without breaking a laser beam. One hit adds 30 seconds to your time. Expert was impossible, at every checkpoint some lasers are added so its basically impossible to get through unscathed. But lots of fun!!

BW_Maze.jpg

At the very very end a little message from Stan.

End.jpg

This was a very cool area. You got to pose with several characters.

Kitty_Hulk.jpg

Kitty_Iron_Man.jpg

There are these pads you stand on, and doing a specific pose, summons a character for photo ops. It's pretty awesome!

Kitty_Iron_Man_1.jpg

This is on the outside of Black Widows maze, good for some photos.

Marvel_Crew.jpg

I'll try to get some more photos. There was a Hulk Smash game where you have to punch things. There was a Shooting Gallery hosted by Vision, Cap, Thor and others. Imagine Duck Hunt but in a room with 30 people total. There was also an Iron Man Flight game, where you have to lean to turn and raise your arms to fire repulsor rays. The main area reminds me of a giant arcade. Can easily spend hours there between all the games and just cool stuff too look at. Lines moved really fast, BW maze had longest line but as I said, they moved pretty quickly.

I will not post photos of the last 2 parts. But 4d it was. it a dome that your in and the action is all around you, up, to the sides and behind. It's epic, all I remember was having this giant grin on my face. You just realize your like a kid again. Its so unbelievably fun!!!

Bring your wallets, they have a gift shop with some awsome stuff. Got like 4 shirts and a Tumbler cup as well as Coffee cup. Its awesome, some of the shirts are Under Armour so you can have your Shield shirt on when at the gym or whatever.

Definitely worth the $30/$40 bucks they charge. It said expect the tour to be 90-120 minutes....we were there from 7 until 11pm.

Oh there was no cosplayers, but I saw one older woman in a Supergirl outfit, which kind of upset me but I don't know why.

Nice recap! I am still on the fence a little bit though. It looks fun but video game like at the same time which I don't know if I will like.

Nice recap! I am still on the fence a little bit though. It looks fun but video game like at the same time which I don't know if I will like.

It really depends what your looking for. It's a nice story that your a part of as the recruit. My wife and I have no kids but we had a blast so I wouldn't say its just for kids. Its cools games to play and you can really geek out with all the stuff there. The 360 theater and 4d show is cool.

I mean what is your main reason that your hesitant? Maybe I can answer a question or something???

It may not be for everyone, based upon my experience, its a fun way to spend an evening.

Oh there was no cosplayers, but I saw one older woman in a Supergirl outfit, which kind of upset me but I don't know why.

She probably didn't even know Supergirl isn't Marvel. (shrug)

Very likely, who knows. Thanks for reading my recap!

I think I am sold.... I will check it out. I will convince Ajulliay to go as well. ( :baiting: ) Thaks for the very detailed recap. I would never have heard about it otherwise. (thumbs u

Thank my wife guys. She always manages to provide a little xmas miracle. This year has been a difficult one for us as we deal with several things and being relegated to one paycheck. But we tackle these things together and always manage to come out on top. Thanks for reading. Happy Holidays to everyone! Be thankful for you have, don't be sad about what you don't!