• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed

11 posts in this topic

I'll be listing a few interesting and rare comics, maybe some mags & paperbacks as well.I'll also see if I can dig out the odd item that might suit as a Christmas present. (I always seem to have more books than I have shelves for.)

None of the items listed here are listed anywhere else.

Read this first:

:takeit: wins over pm's.

Payment terms

PayPal, or cheque in the UK only.

Shipping

I am based in the United Kingdom.

Unless I clearly state that shipping is free, shipping from UK to US will be $30 - more if a number of books included.

I pack books very carefully.

No HOSers, probies or trolls allowed!

Man from Planet X CGC 2.5 OW/W spine splits glued. $620 This copy presents beautifully, with exceptional page quality, unusual for this book.

For those who may not know, this book has achieved near mythical status. Not only is it very scarce, but it was manufactured with inferior cover stock, so almost all copies have major spine splits or front and back cover are completely separated, with moderate to heavy "Marvel chipping". This copy has had the spine professionally restored, and there is virtually no chipping. Ironically, if the spine had been taped rather than glued, it would have gotten a blue label, and might even have been graded 4.0. Of the 10 copies on census, only 3 are unrestored, the highest being a 4.5. There are no recorded sales in the past ten years.

ManFromPlanetXCGC25_zpsb4c80a9e.jpg

ManFromPlanetXbc_zps3ba41b22.jpg

Quickie! aka Quarter Book #76 1950 Quintessential sleaze cover by George Gross, a digest that is well nigh impossible to find these days, especially this nice. $125 shipped.

Quickie_zpsabe25da4.jpg

The front cover is glossy, clean, bright and untouched except for a tiny bit of rubbing along the spine near the top. No creases. Shiny staples. The text block is like new and a very light beige color throughout. The 2 inside covers are white and like new. Just a touch of shelf wear on the spine.