• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many comics have you read?

49 posts in this topic

I did a quick calculation and figure over the last 45+ years I've probably read north of 10,000 comics - not a huge amount averaged out, there was along period where I read barely any at all, and currently I read maybe 2 to 3 a week on average. When I was a kid there was a brief period where I bought 60 or more books a month off the stands, and picked up back issues at cons as well, but I figure the average has been 200-250 a year including hardbacks, trades and vintage pickups.

If you figure 10 minutes apiece thats still 1600+ ours of reading. Add in the great amount of hours spent on these boards in the last decade and combing through ebay listings the last 15 and that's a lot of time spent on comics. No doubt there is something far more productive I could have been doing :(

So let us know how many you think you've read.

Goodness, no idea how many I have read over the years. But I take a slightly different perspective to your observation above. I would argue there were far more worse things you could have been doing than reading comics. :)

How many people here have actually read all the comics they own? There was a time I could say I read every one I had, even when they numbered in the thousands.
I never buy a comic I don't plan on reading, but sometimes I buy them quicker than I can read them. I rot rid of a pretty big chunk of unread stuff this year, but probably still have a couple hundred unread.

Not many as an adult. I mostly collect for the cover art. I have read quite a few EC reprints, though, and a few other horror and sci-fi stories. Sometimes when I buy a comic, I'll look for a digital copy online and read a story or two.

I probably read around 600-900 as a kid.