• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 Comics General Christmas Day Massacre Thread!

49 posts in this topic

I figured it was, but heck, I look at that pic (a few years old now) and everytime it makes me think of some weird hungarian dude looking at his "lady of the night" ready to get it on

I figured it was, but heck, I look at that pic (a few years old now) and everytime it makes me think of some weird hungarian dude looking at his "lady of the night" ready to get it on

Heh - also, I think that dude is Russian. As we all know, Russian men don't know that Persian rugs go on the floor and not the wall. Also, look at how shiny those pants are!

:D

-slym

Heh - also, I think that dude is Russian. As we all know, Russian men don't know that Persian rugs go on the floor and not the wall. Also, look at how shiny those pants are!

:D

-slym

lol I am genetically Hungarian and could swear I feel like covering the walls in persian rugs all the time

fpbww.jpg

Hammer?

-slym

lol Superhero name, the Hungarian Hammer

I crack me up

Whoa whoa whoa....hold the bus. Who's Hungarian? Do I have a fellow Magyar here?

;) You might. I don't know much about that side of my family tree though...

New_Fish.jpg

New_Fish.jpg

lol new fish....All depends which pond you are currently swimming in ;)

(This one is pretty damn small)

fpbww.jpg

Hammer?

-slym

lol Superhero name, the Hungarian Hammer

I crack me up

Whoa whoa whoa....hold the bus. Who's Hungarian? Do I have a fellow Magyar here?

;) You might. I don't know much about that side of my family tree though...

It's a pretty cool side!, but then again I'm biased.

Catholic school students burn thousands of comic books in Binghamton, New York (1948).

comics.jpg

What do you think the over/under value of those books in the picture would be today? $700,000? $1 Mil?

8 boxes at 150 - 200 per, probably 1500 total max. It's 1948, and a lot of that stuff is probably well read ( low-grade) with probably as much third tier Dells and misc low interest stuff like Fawcett western comics as anything else. Probably very little that's more than a couple years old, so probably no GA keys or even much war era stuff at all. Even if they averaged $50 apiece in today's market ( which is probably quite generous) that's $75,000 worth.