• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone Collect Black Panther?

10 posts in this topic

I collect Black Panther..umm..almost compulsively.

Jungle Action is waay better than Kirby's series. New Series Balck Panther is awesome - penned by Priest. Very intricate, complicated stories that may take a while to "get" everything that is going on. But for collecting - Silver marvel 52s as was said before, and Jungle Action. All the BP mini-series I think suck and would advise you to stay away from.

OK, bring me up to speed here. When you say "Mini-Series" are you refering to the BP #1-15 that Kirby did circa 1977?

Was Jungle Action the earlier series from the mid 70s that featured Black Panther?

I am still waiting on my OStreet guide to come, so I am a little bit lost.

Very confused. . . .

DT

Nah! He was referring to a couple of BP mini-series. One is from 1988 and is 4 issues. The other, from 1991 and was 4 issues as well (52 pg. squarebounds).

As for Jungle Action, it did come out prior to the Kirby series. Kirby series is from 1977, Jungle Action premiered in Oct. 1972, making BP's first appearance in that title Feb. 1973.

Hope that helps.

Chris