• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Upcoming January and February ComicLink Auctions

10 posts in this topic

I now know the November auction is pretty much a buyers market with a lot of books going for way under GPA averages. Anyone have some past experiences with the upcoming January and February auctions. Are people flush with Christmas money or are people paying off Christmas bills with not much to spare?

And to kill two birds with one stone maybe we can use this thread to post up the books you win in the upcoming auctions.

I don't have any past info to share.

I have some books in the January Auction and it's the first time I've consigned in a Clink auction. So I hope the conventional wisdom you mentioned proves true. I'll let you know.

It seems like I've typically gotten better deals during the summer than at any other time of year.

I wouldn't say November was a buyer's market, really. It might have looked like one in comparison with the extremely strong seller's market that started in 2013 and persisted through much of 2014. I expect prices to cool off quite a bit more than they have, so it's probably a good time to sell. You might not get as much as you would have 8 months ago, but you'll get more now than you will six months hence.

As of now, I am not participating. MAYBE... there is something in the artwork section that sparks my interest, but I am not really seeing anything that I immediately need this soon after Christmas.

Good info guys but I'm really curious to hear from some of the sellers on the boards. I guess its the type of thing people always let you know its typically a slow sellers auction after the fact or maybe its a hit or miss kind of auction typically.

Last February I sold a lot of original art to fund a down payment on my house. Decent ending prices on a few of the bigger items but for the most part I still think it's more of a buyer's market. Seems like April and in the early fall are the best results so far.

Last February I sold a lot of original art to fund a down payment on my house. Decent ending prices on a few of the bigger items but for the most part I still think it's more of a buyer's market. Seems like April and in the early fall are the best results so far.

(thumbs u Thanks man. I think I'm going to try selling some stuff on Bob's site and on E-Bay and watch the upcoming two auctions.