• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darth Tater

107 posts in this topic

I don't know Dice.....I'm not convinced. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Same here.

But if this closes for over $100, I'm buying a few bags to see if I can find any celebs in them.

"Hey...this big one looks like Oprah." poke2.gif

Same here.

But if this closes for over $100, I'm buying a few bags to see if I can find any celebs in them.

"Hey...this big one looks like Oprah." :b "Hey...this big one looks like Oprah." aiting:

893applaud-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

— Chip of the Month Club

Get six unique bags of fresh and tasty regional potato chip sensations from across the country delivered to your designated door for 3, 6, or 9 Months! You can even get 1 full years worth of Potato Chips. If you're ordering our Potato Chips as a gift, the lucky recipient will receive a personalized notification card in the mail to let them know they'll soon be crunching like a king!

Only $16.95* per month (+ $7.45 Shipping & Handling per month)

Minimum three month membership

Visa & MasterCard welcomed

Anchor O' Reilly ships his chips once each month. Your first delivery can be sent ANYTIME, now or later, just let us know

Online orders will receive confirmation via email

Sorry, no refunds

— One Month Sampler!

Now you can give (or get!) a One-Month Sampler for only $27.50 including shipping! You'll get six fantastic bags of incredible chips. Order them in for a party or give them as an unforgettable gift!

— Great Tastes from Chip of the Month!

Anchor O' Reilly's Chip of the Month Club is now offering great tastes from the East, West, South and Heartland. These new tatses will include salsa, chip dips and much more. Click on the "The Best of Gift Baskets" link to the left to learn more!

Who would join this? Can't I just go to the store and pick up a bag for 1.00

Same here.

There was an old lady on Letterman one time. She had been collecting "shaped" potato chips for decades. She had some really cool ones -- Nixon, Yogi Bear, all kinds of bugs, trees, flowers -- and they all actually looked pretty much like what she said.

Of course Letterman being Letterman, he took out a bowl of chips when she wasn't looking. When she handed one to him and briefly looked away he took a bunch of his chips and started munching on them. She almost had a heart attack.

Same here.

There was an old lady on Letterman one time. She had been collecting "shaped" potato chips for decades. She had some really cool ones -- Nixon, Yogi Bear, all kinds of bugs, trees, flowers -- and they all actually looked pretty much like what she said.

Of course Letterman being Letterman, he took out a bowl of chips when she wasn't looking. When she handed one to him and briefly looked away he took a bunch of his chips and started munching on them. She almost had a heart attack.

I remember that! Back when Letterman was good. cloud9.gif

gossip.gif Guys- That was Carson.

Brad, that was Letterman. I never watched Carson. gossip.gif

Times like this I want to say: "I'll bet you $100..." but I know how much trouble that can cause, even if you win.

Really, Stronguy, it was Carson. It wouldn't be necessary for you to "watch Carson". That clip has been seen on lots of "TV's funniest moments" type shows.

You wanna' nuther 80 page thread? I mean, 80-page Non-Pressing thread?

Here.....

A typical Carson moment occurred on October 16, 1987. Carson always took a special delight in people with eccentric hobbies, and on this night he had a guest named Myrtle Young from Fort Wayne, Indiana, whose hobby was  collecting potato  chips that looked like other objects - an angry dog, a sleeping bird, a candle . . .

While Myrtle proudly showed off her fine (and fragile) collection, Ed McMahon distracted her momentarily and as she was turned away there was a resounding "crunch" from Carson. All eyes turned to the host who has just bitten into a potato chip!

Myrtle is in a state of shock, clutching her chest with her mouth agape and her eyes wide with shock and betrayal. How could Johnny munch one of her works of art?!?  Ever the grand-master of timing, Carson allowed the gag to play out for a while before assuring Myrtle and reaching down to hold up a big bowl of chips he had behind his desk in preparation for the prank. The laughter went on for several minutes.

carsonmyrtle.jpg

source: http://www.nostalgiacentral.com/tv/variety/johnnycarson.htm

Times like this I want to say: "I'll bet you $100..." but I know how much trouble that can cause, even if you win.

Really, Stronguy, it was Carson. It wouldn't be necessary for you to "watch Carson". That clip has been seen on lots of "TV's funniest moments" type shows.

Ok, ok, it was Carson. But Letterman put him up to it... gossip.gif

This quote from NostolgiaCentral.com

When asked whose idea it was to substitute the bowl of chips for the collectibles, Carson replied..."It was totally my idea. Letterman had nothing to do with it! In twenty years, he won't even be funny anyway."

confused-smiley-013.gif