• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best of 2014....... it Begins---------The Votes are in!!!

243 posts in this topic

5 votes each, huh? So now we are doing trophies for participation? I for one am saddened by this concession. Votes meant something before. I got 4 votes in last year's splash page category and was amazed and pleased at that. now that the number of votes has essentially been quadrupled, it seems tremendously devalued. Gene, I cannot believe you support the devaluing of our "dollar" like this! ;-)

But thank you to Brian, Bill C. and the CAF team for making it happen. It is tough keeping everyone happy and the yearly best of is a real highlight of the hobby. kudos to you Brian, kudos. to you.

5 votes each, huh? So now we are doing trophies for participation? I for one am saddened by this concession. Votes meant something before. I got 4 votes in last year's splash page category and was amazed and pleased at that. now that the number of votes has essentially been quadrupled, it seems tremendously devalued. Gene, I cannot believe you support the devaluing of our "dollar" like this! ;-)

It's gone from 3 votes to 5, so it's a 67% increase, not a quadrupling. :baiting:

It's gone from 3 votes to 5, so it's a 67% increase, not a quadrupling. :baiting:

Nuh uh, it used to be 1.25 votes, thus the quadrupling is correct!! :sumo:

We will TRY this change with the number of votes and adding another category for 2014. I am only changing the votes to 5 for the categories that get about 100 entries. The other ones will stay at 3. I will get feedback after this year's best of to see if we stay with the change or go back to 3 votes. Its a request that I have gotten for the last few years of the Best of.

I specialize in outrage, not math!

Category: "No Feet, shoulder pads, million pouches and BIG Guns"

We need more than just 5 votes for this category then. I'm holding out for a number of votes equal to the number of pouches featured on the pages of art submitted.

Really looking forward to this, and interested to see how some of the changes play out. Appreciate that you're trying something new based upon prior feedback.

Don

who does like checking out all the art posted for this each year.

What if you have a Liefeld piece that HAS feet? Is there some category or award for "rarest example"? :D

does half a foot count? I've got one that only has 4 pouches and 1/2 a foot.

Absolutely. Examples from Liefeld's famed "Half a Foot Period" are exceedingly rare and highly sought after by high end discerning collectors!

What if you have a Liefeld piece that HAS feet? Is there some category or award for "rarest example"? :D

does half a foot count? I've got one that only has 4 pouches and 1/2 a foot.

Absolutely. Examples from Liefeld's famed "Half a Foot Period" are exceedingly rare and highly sought after by high end discerning collectors!

I've got a page with 10.5 feet and nary a pouch to be found!! :banana:

Its almost the end of the year and you know what that means....... Best of 2014.

Entries will start Jan 10th.

Its that time of year again, look over what you acquired in 2014 and pick your top 5 pieces and enter them in the Best of 2014, hosted by CAF. There are seven categories, and 5 entries for each person.

Below is the general info, I will post the instructions on how to upload your entries when it starts.

We will be adding a new category this year, Commissions.

Best of 2014 Published and Unpublished:

You will have up to 5 entries and they can be in any of the 7 categories:

Published Covers

Published Splashes, Pin-Ups

Published Interior Panel pages

Published Strip Art

Commissions

Unpublished Convention Sketches

Unpublished Other

Posting Entries Begins: Jan 10th (Saturday)

Posting Ends: Jan 18th (Sunday)

Voting starts Monday January 19 at(Monday)

Voting end January 25th (Sunday)

So what is the prize if you win one of these categories

Fame and glory plus groupies! Especially groupies 'cause the girls love guys with comic book art.

Well, that last one might not be accurate. It's based on one sample point. My girl loves a guy with comic book art even after 30+ years of marriage. :)