• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there a market for Comic Book Cleaners?

19 posts in this topic

I have made a post here on my site to see if maybe there might be a market for this. Take a look and let me know what you might think. I don't want to hassle with getting loads of this stuff in, if its just going to make people think I use it on the books I sell. Honestly, it takes way to much time to even consider doing it for my books, but just wanted some feedback.

Comic Cover Cleaner

Have you made sure that your cleaner doesn't leave a residue that might show up under a black light? You obviously can't reveal your compound ingredients, but that would be a concern for any collector.

Have you made sure that your cleaner doesn't leave a residue that might show up under a black light? You obviously can't reveal your compound ingredients, but that would be a concern for any collector.

I'll bet ten bucks that this product is just a kneaded eraser that you can find in any art store. Kneaded erasers do a fantastic job at cleaning off dirt. But art gum erasers are the absolute best. They remove not only dirt, but also transfer ink too, when your book has a lot of transfer ink on the back cover from wet stacking when the book came off the presses.

Russell, I think that this product is going to be a waste of money for you. Just buy un-logoed art gum erasers in bulk and sell them as "comic cleaners."

Russ, it wont take the ink off of the book will it? I also would be interested to know if it leaves a residue.

Anything you rub on a comic book will take the ink off to some extent. gossip.gif

I'd be happy to include a Strawberry Pop-Tart, a Pick Six NY State Lottery Ticket, and enter you in a drawing for a 0.75% discount on your next order, at no extra charge..... confused-smiley-013.gif