• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heralds of Galactus Appreciation Thread

26 posts in this topic

Galactus has always fascinated me as a comic fan. Marvel's cosmic story lines have interested me the most and since I like to pursue various collecting endeavors, my latest focus is on collecting the first appearances of all of the Heralds of Galactus.

Now, admittedly this thread and my focus on the late silver and early bronze ages and I did not include Executioner or Dazzler as they were temporary stand-ins and not really long term heralds.

I have here five books that I love. The most recent addition is the sweet FF 120.

The collection as it now stands:

Fantastic Four 48 CGC 7.5 (Silver Surfer)

Fantastic Four 120 Graded 9.4 (Air Walker)

Thor 225 CGC 9.8 (Firelord)

Fantastic Four 211 Raw 8.0 (Terrax)

Fantastic Four 244 Raw 9.0 CGC 9.8 (Nova)

I would like to upgrade the FF48 to a better presenting 8.5 and I would like to get the FF 211 and FF 244 graded. The copies I have are nice, but not really nice enough to grade. I would say the 211 is probably an 8.0-8.5 at best because of a color breaking crease on the right edge. Otherwise, it is a NM or better book. The 244 is maybe a 9.2. I would really like those high grade since they are cheap.

Anyway, here they are. Hope you enjoy!

heralds.jpgff48.jpgff120.jpg

thor225.jpgff211.jpgff244.jpg

I really love the FF 120 cover and Thor 225, but something about FF 244 really stands out to me.

Any images of herald related covers or books are welcome in this thread!

Very cool books! Do you have a nice FF49 to go with the above? I'm sure there's a few more heralds to pick up e.g. Morg, Fallen One.

Thanks for posting.

Very cool books! Do you have a nice FF49 to go with the above? I'm sure there's a few more heralds to pick up e.g. Morg, Fallen One.

Thanks for posting.

Thanks! Yes, I do have an FF 49. Also have X-Men 130 (Dazzler), Journey Into Mystery 118 (Destroyer), and Fantastic Four 164 (Frankie Rae) but they didn't feel quite the same for this collection.

Galactus holds a special place in my heart. The FF Sphinx vs Galactus story was my introduction to him. Like Frankie Ray, I needed to learn more and had my uncle take me to the LCS in search of any issues with the big O' G.

I loved that FF storyline... Still have copies of that small FF run.

I am a child of the 80's so my first big introduction to Galactus was in Secret Wars. I loved how he was this huge cosmic presence that impacted the story so much simply by just being there. It wasn't until after that I started seeking out more. This is how I was led to the heralds as well. :cloud9: