• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel film & TV rights shell game - who owns what?
5 5

345 posts in this topic

On 4/15/2015 at 11:38 AM, Bosco685 said:

CONFIRMED:

20th Century Fox

Marvel Studios

:bump:

On 12/14/2023 at 2:50 PM, Bosco685 said:

:bump:

Bosco, did you bump this based on the discussion in the FF thread or is there some new news regarding these new franchises?

On 12/14/2023 at 6:24 PM, VintageComics said:

Bosco, did you bump this based on the discussion in the FF thread or is there some new news regarding these new franchises?

The earlier discussion as we have been tracking all these details for years in this part of the forum. None of this is new discussion - though a good one when people want to share facts versus forced assumptions.

The biggest rub between Fox and Disney was that negotiation. I have a feeling Marvel Studios had plans very early for Galactus and Silver Surfer. And by 2012 they realized that was going to be delayed for a while.

On 12/14/2023 at 6:49 PM, Bosco685 said:

The earlier discussion as we have been tracking all these details for years in this part of the forum. None of this is new discussion - though a good one when people want to share facts versus forced assumptions.

The biggest rub between Fox and Disney was that negotiation. I have a feeling Marvel Studios had plans very early for Galactus and Silver Surfer. And by 2012 they realized that was going to be delayed for a while.

That is VERY likely. 

When they break ground to build a new entertainment venue in a major city, that venue wasn't planned last year. It may not have even started planning in the last decade. I've spoken to people on city councils and they've told me that talks on that sort of thing can start 20 years before breaking ground. 

Really big plans can often take many years from the first idea to the final form, and I have no problem believing Marvel Studios already had big plans almost a decade (or longer) before the Disney acquisition, and I also believe that a company as big as Disney will put a lot of planning and effort to destroy or stunt any opposition. Counter attacks are just as important as the initial plan of attack when it comes to execution.