• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for Paypal fraud actual experiences

9 posts in this topic

I am looking to find any people who have had actual ebay/paypal fraud experiences.

Typical talked about scenario. I buy 10k comic on ebay. Seller sends box of rocks in mail, with signature confirmation. I file paypal dispute. Do I get money back or not?

or...

I sell 10k comic. I ship it with signature confirmation. Buyer claims they got box of rocks. They file paypal dispute. What happens?

Please no guesses. I want to know if I am actually protected on big ticket items in any of these situations. Either reference a paypal document or share personal experience.

I sell things as a favor to my Aunt and my mom on eBay from time to time.

Case 1

Buyer purchases a $150 Coach bag on eBay. Asks me to send it to a different address. I refuse. Buyer insists. I refuse. I offer to refund. Buyer refuses and says fine, send it to the old address. For $150? Sure... let's see what's up. Buyer receives item and says it is a fake. Which it is not, I call paypal to tell them that Coach is sending me a copy of the invoice for the bag since it was purchased by my mother over their website. Paypal screws Buzz and authorized a refund. Woman never sends bag. I counter. Paypal reverses and she loses. THEN she sends bag. I took a day off from work and sat outside with a 12-Pack of beer waiting for UPS the day of delivery to make a point. I refused delivery, it went back. Then I wrote her a GFY type of note. Paypal re-reverses the decision and I keep the money. As of today if you look at her feedback, one out of every ten or eleven remarks that she has left for sellers is a negative. I wish her "Death on Christmas". What a miserable person. Last I checked she had left 11 negatives out of 119 remarks.

Lesson learned?

ANYONE, and I mean ANYONE who wants me to send a package to some place other than the address on their paypal account will be denied.

Feel a bit better now you got all that off your chest Buzz..... lol

Think about what I do not share... lol .

Either way... Happy New Year Andy... may the coming year find you with nothing but health, happiness and good fortune.

All the best.

way to hit her with your purse!

Interesting. I recently had two situations come up where the buyer needed the item sent to a different address than the one on pay pal. I talked to eBay about it and they told me to go ahead and send it where the person requested. Which I did. No negatives and one guy has given me a very nice feedback.

At some point, I think you have to trust that the system will work OR just not get worried if you lose the occasional item to a scam. It helps if the items you are dealing with aren't fancy purses too.

Not through Paypal, but through my credit card company I got roped in my some scammers when trying to ship a car. The popular belief is the credit card company will always side with you. Not true.

When the seller fakes a contract the credit card company will immediately side with them, even if the signature doesn't match, they won't even check. Until of course I demand a copy of the contract and demand they compare it with my sig on file. Then they'll investigate. Anyway, it was several months, and the credit card company changed their minds on who they were siding with two or three times during the dispute. I eventually got the charge removed.