• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2nd Opinions Wanted - Four Color 1128

10 posts in this topic

I had this book slabbed over the summer, and even though I'm usually a little stricter than CGC, this one came back lower than what I expected. I'm curious how others would grade it. (I have not paid for the notes.) The crinkle near the upper right corner looks like a production defect; I'll admit that I wasn't too sure how they'd deal with that.

I'll post a picture of it in the slab in a couple of days.

FourColor1128Aresz.jpg

Four%20Color%201128B%20resz.jpg

Nice copy, appears to have some non-color breaking creases along the spine that might have hurt the grade. Did you get it pressed?

Also looks like some light foxing across the top of the back cover , though I don't know how CGC would treat that on a high grade book.

looks to be a 9.0 to me.

The back cover looks yellow/brown with tanning, structurally its about a 9.4 but the tanning can knock it down to an 8.5.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I didn't really know how that discoloration would be penalized, but now I guess I do. I wasn't sure if tanning was the right word because it isn't quite like the tanning I see in GA Dells. (The tanning doesn't look as dark in hand, but it is there.)

FourColor1128Areszslab.jpg

The Dell on the front cover should be a bright yellow, the tanning has turned it dirty yellow. Nice copy of one of my favorites Four colors. (thumbs u

Thanks! I guess I need to get better at spotting tanning on non-white covers. I really hadn't notice it at all until I looked at the back cover.