• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Day 1 of the Control Panel revision.

8 posts in this topic

Entering Step Two of my CGC Addiction.

Well, I have decided to begin cleaning up my entire CGC Registry.

This is eventually going to lead to notes, scans, re-namings, etc.

Just anything that sheds a brighter light on my CGC Registry Collection.

I also believe this day will mark a slight transition from Modern/Copper to a more Modern/Copper/Bronze Slabbed Collection.

There are just way too many Bronze Batman, Spidey, and X-Men to 'ignore' much longer.

Also helping my cause is that my Modern and Copper slabs run like a well oiled machine nowadays with my familiar auctions and dealers helping me out every step of the way.

Next stop? A nice scanner! And away we gooooooooooo!!!

See more journals by Vikingreed

Looking forward to seeing the pics and descriptions. I really need to invest in a good scanner someday myself. Please let me know which one you end up getting. I have no idea where to start, but would like it to be HP so I can print from cell phone like I do today.

There are entire threads dedicated to which scanner to get, but I thought I'd chime in with my experience. I ordered an HP Scanjet 8250 from eBay and purchased an extended warranty through eBay just in case. I also downloaded paint.net as my scanning application. It was free, easy to use, and synced up perfectly with the scanner.

I've taken over 1,000 scans without any issue, and that was with a used product.

Total investment? Less than $100.

Wow, nice!

I will check that out for sure!

I wish I would have done this from the start, because I am sooooooo far behind now, it's gonna take forever.

I never fathomed I would get so hooked on slabbed comics though, haha.

With work, kids, life in general, I will just have to complete small steps at a time.

I got inspired by the collector's on these boards who show obvious pride in their Sets.

I love looking at their Registries when I can. Now I just need to get my own Registry up to that standard.

Can't wait!

I have some Bronze aged books targeted in my sights, and hopefully I will be able to close on them.

Those will be step #2, diving head first into the Bronze Age.

Look out beloooooooooooooow!

Talking about scanners, for several years I have kept telling myself that I'm going to get a scanner and do all my slabs, sounds like a great winter project! I dream of my registry sets having a consistent and polished look, all with high quality scans. The scanner threads are helpful and Newshane's post in encouraging. Good luck with your sets!

Talking about scanners, for several years I have kept telling myself that I'm going to get a scanner and do all my slabs, sounds like a great winter project! I dream of my registry sets having a consistent and polished look, all with high quality scans. The scanner threads are helpful and Newshane's post in encouraging. Good luck with your sets!

Thanks, you too!

After seeing how some of the fellow boardies have everything arranged, it kind of lit a fire under my backside.

I just hope I have time to follow through, haha.