• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Transformers 4

152 posts in this topic

Either Box Office Mojo has a math error, or the international market for 'Transformers 4' just took a major jump up. But for the domestic market, everyone is reporting this movie has broken $200 MM already.

:o

B9TfWIa.png

wWPUssR.png

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/

here's the domestic # that must have Paramount scratching its head. $79mm behind Transformers 3 through the same # of days in release and the gap is widening every day. domestically this won't get to $250mm. they are probably bowing to Mao for the $300mm+ Chinese take. the int'l "bump" is because it opened in UK and Mexico this weekend.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/

here's the domestic # that must have Paramount scratching its head. $79mm behind Transformers 3 through the same # of days in release and the gap is widening every day. domestically this won't get to $250mm. they are probably bowing to Mao for the $300mm+ Chinese take. the int'l "bump" is because it opened in UK and Mexico this weekend.

Ahhhh. That's why the UK doesn't show up yet in the box office summary.

Sneaky previews for Transformers 4 and How To Train Your Dragon 2 lead to a flat weekend at the UK box office

Since Age of Extinction has not yet officially opened in the UK, the film is absent from the box-office chart (see below). Instead, the six days of previews will be added to the next official reporting period (11-13 July) and included in the film's opening-weekend number next week. According to trade reports, Age of Extinction in fact picked up £4.7m on Saturday and Sunday, enough to power the film comfortably to the top of the current UK weekend chart.

That's $8,046,635,000 alone for the UK market, and then Mexico opened on 7/10 and brought in $5,909,454.

That's quite the bump.

:applause:

The wife and I saw this today - I agree the story was... hmmm... not sure how to describe it, however we both enjoyed the flick and though it was just as good as 2 or 3. It was a typical explosion/CGI action flick. I'll buy it on BluRay when it comes out and I'd go watch #5 without hesitation.

Will it be the first movie in 2014 to do 1 billion?

At this rate when it is only on Day 20, I would say it sure has a shot at breaking $1 billion.

With the exception of possibly the Hobbit 3, I think Transformers 4 will be the only film to break a billion this year.

These figures only tell me if you put any $ on CGI and target it to a teenager/young adult audience with cars/smashup/girls/whatnot that a studio can make money.

The 18-34 year old market has always been the main focus. Be it movies, videogames, TV and music. That`s what the big companies cater to 18-34. Those are considered the ages that spend the most money on their products.

The amazing thing is most of these movies are not doing as well domestically as they did 6 years ago, and this is after adding inflation and 3-D prices. For the most part it`s been the international market that`s been the big factor for these huge numbers.

An example is when Titanic did over a billion in 1997 in did it without higher prices,3-D prices, cost of inflation and a huge international market box office like most of these modern movies have. Really the domestic audience has fallen dramatically off since 2008. Why? I don`t know?

At this rate when it is only on Day 20, I would say it sure has a shot at breaking $1 billion.

there's no chance it doesn't do >$1 BB. hasn't even opened in several int'l markets yet.

The movie still has Brazil, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Japan on the way; Transformers: Dark of the Moon earned over $160 million across those markets. It's a foregone conclusion that Age of Extinction winds up over $1 billion, and it could even get past $1.1 billion.

With the exception of possibly the Hobbit 3, I think Transformers 4 will be the only film to break a billion this year.

The Hobbit 3 won't have enough time...it opens too late in the year.

Peace,

Chip

When they same films that break the billion dollar mark they go by date the film is released not when the film breaks it. So my statement is correct.

Let's see what the weekend brings. This movie just went up another $1.8 MM in one day. So Friday-Sunday could be another avalanche of cash.

:ohnoez:

Good Lord!

Where was all this box office revenue when the superhero movies came out?

Day 22 (Friday)

Domestic: $219,882,000

Foreign: $577,400,000

-------------------------------------

Worldwide: $797,282,000