• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What cleaning product do you guys use to clean a cgc holder?

27 posts in this topic

On 9/1/2021 at 6:31 AM, Timeless icons said:

Perhaps it was a particular brand she used?  I've been using it for years for labels on both old and new cgc cases with no issues and it comes out perfectly clean with no scuffing at all and afterwards, I take a paper towel and with just a few drips of water on it, I wipe any left over residue off it, then dry it with another paper towel. This is the exact one I've used many times. I should also point out that I peel off most of the label by hand and once there is only the glue from the label left, I spray the paper towel (not the cgc case) so I can control how much goes in the concentrated spot I'm removing and lightly clean away what's left. Once done, there is no trace of any label or scuffs at all. 

49XZ47_AW01.jpeg

My two cents...Ive also been using Goo Gone for years on the CGC slabs and have always been happy with the excellent results

On 10/6/2021 at 10:52 AM, Bluemedgroup said:

Anything wrong with using Windex?  

that’s what I’ve been using.

windex is a glass cleaner. pretty sure cgc cases are not glass. they are some kind of plexi. windex CANNOT be used on plexiglas. among other things it can leave streaks that will not be removable. so i'd avoid using windex in the future. probably computer monitor cleaners could be used for the cases, as those are safe to use on plexiglas. test it out on a DC slab before trying on a Marvel one.

Petroleum products like goo gone are harsher and stronger than they need to be.  The plastic slabs can and do react negatively to some of them leaving that ugly haze in the photo above.  Even the gentle goo gone formulas are harsher than you need.  A natural oil like olive oil or coconut oil is so much gentler and very effective.  I use olive oil ... remove the sticker as best you can and just drip a little directly on the sticky residue (or as others have suggested drip some on the paper towel/napkin you'll use to wipe clean your slab) ... massage the oil into the sticker zone with your finger and let it soak a bit ... and you will be able to wipe away the sticky in just a few minutes ... repeat the process if you don't get it all the first time.     I'm sure there are lots of ways to skin a cat - but this is what I do.  It's gentle and effective.  If you had a lot of slabs I suppose it would be too slow and maybe a little messy, but for me it's perfect and I enjoy the process and for what it's worth vinegar is a no go for sticky residue on slabs. Excelsior!

On 8/28/2021 at 11:49 PM, MoonDinosaur said:

I asked this seller what happened this was his response.

"My ex girlfriend bought this for me awhile ago but when she took off the price tag not all of it came off so she tried to use goof off to take off the rest of the stickiness, lol, so ya that’s why it’s like that"

I'd avoid the goo gone.

googonr.png

Goof Off and Goo Gone are completely different products.