• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vaillant’s "slowly but surely" growing sales thread - CLOSED

193 posts in this topic

Albi di Pippo #5 - "Pippo e il Dittatore" - VG-

Renowned italian comics author Benito Jacovitti started his collaboration as a 16-year-old boy early as 1940 with the italian journal "Il Vittorioso". After the war, he continued his "Pippo" series with this story, published on the catholic students magazine "Intervallo" and then collected in its album form (this one) in 1948.

The first chapter of a trilogy about war and peace, this is the less common of the three albums. All are in black and white, back cover in color.

$50

BGk2876h.jpg

xmewjvwh.jpg

Let’s see if someone other is paying attention… :D

Fantastic Four #36 (Copy A) - FN+ OWW

My keeper copy for twenty years or so… First appearance of my favorite FF villains and of Medusa. Nice unrestored FN range copy which presents better than grade – it has a very tiny piece of paper detaching from the bottom part of the cover (can be seen in the scan).

Prices are going crazy on decent copies of this one, so not sure how much to ask…

How about a BIN of $280? :news:SOLD @$170

Here’s a game: prove me you’re wanting this book because you’re a true Fantastic Four fan (and not merely because of the movie hype) and I will give it to you for $170, or you can have both it and the Strange Tales #104 for $210.

All you have to do is to write a paragraph (or a bit more) telling why you loved the Frightful Four when you first read a story featuring them, and post a conditional :takeit:

BLrmE8ah.jpg

QLDOjJlh.jpg

And while I am at it… here’s a nice copy of the italian edition for these interested in these funky things… :D

Fantastici Quattro #31 - FNVF

I do not list page quality for the italian editions, as in my copies it is mostly W in range because paper was very good.

:news:SOLD

2BdRfXOh.jpg

Spyder #3 (Copy B) - FNVF

Another scarce item. This is an italian edition of material published in Witzend, and this one includes the first (and only) edition of Ditko's Mr. A in italian.

Very tough in grade.

Only a copy listed on eBay.it right now, and it’s a lot worse than this one.

$55

BiBiUYph.jpg

Top of the morning to you, Claudio. Beautiful cover. Was this particular to the Italian edition or was this cover also used elsewhere in English editions?

I have the Russ Cochran Art Auction Catalog where the OA was offered for sale - Frazetta :cloud9:

russcohranfrazetta048.jpg

1983RussCochranComicArtAuctionCa-1.jpg

Sweet :applause:

I thought that looked like a Frazetta cover.

Great books, Claudio. Here's hoping for a complete sellout :applause:

Let’s see if someone other is paying attention… :D

Fantastic Four #36

Here’s a game: prove me you’re wanting this book because you’re a true Fantastic Four fan (and not merely because of the movie hype) and I will give it to you for $170, or you can have both it and the Strange Tales #104 for $210.

All you have to do is to write a paragraph (or a bit more) telling why you loved the Frightful Four when you first read a story featuring them, and post a conditional :takeit:

I will leave the context going, in the meanwhile everyone is free to post a :takeit: at the asking BIN price.

My entry - :takeit: (conditional)

When I was much younger my family was on vacation in New York City. As we walked the downtown streets, I was enthralled by the lights and sights of metropolis. As we rounded a corner, we saw them - a group of strangers, dressed strangely and naturally drawing much attention. One of them especially drew my attention as my young eyes beheld the beautiful girl with amazingly, long flowing red locks of hair. I was mesmerized. They stood at the street corner near the famous Baxter Building, whispering, seemingly plotting.

Without realizing it, being almost in a trance, I inadvertently, stepped off the curb, into the busy, bustling street. The following happened so quickly, now seems like a dream. I heard a screech, a loud horn and I was moved to the reality surrounding me. The on-coming taxi was within inches of me and my young flame was on the brink of being snuffed out when suddenly there was a tug around my waist and I was yanked back to safety. I looked down to see a red mass of hair neatly and tightly wrapped about my waist. She had saved me - the strange girl with that long flowing hair. She shot me a quick smile but I never got to thank her.

Right after she saved me, she and the rest of the quartet began a quick rise up the Baxter Building. She with her hair, one holding her locks as he lifted skyward, one oozing with sand as he scaled the wall, and the other simply floated up. Then all hell broke loose as this group who later would be known as the "Frightful Four" laid siege on the "Fantastic Four." They were labelled as outlaws, rogues, and evil-doers but I couldn't ever think of my dream girl that - she had saved me as has turned out to be true, her true colors became apparent as we later saw in her adventures, showing her true heroism.

I vowed to find her and thank her but my efforts have been fruitless. The closest I am able to achieve is to read of her adventures chronicled in these magazines. She was my first and will be my last love :cloud9:

Seriously, though this was not my first SA Marvel as that was Avengers #19 but it was actually the first SA FF story I ever read. The barber my mom took me to had old comics lying around and this cover was too cool not to read. This would have been in the early 70 - I read it as I waited my turn. My mom would just drop me off and pick me up. Reading the comics was the best part of going to that barbershop. I remember the barber nipped my ears more than a few times. lol

I do remember wanting my mom to ask him if he would sell her any of those ratty, old comics but she never asked. She just thought they would take up space and be thrown away in the end :sorry:

@tele: Love your entry, you’re enrolled! :)

Just to be clear: the tale can be both a personal recollection, a remembering of your first Frightful Four story or a partially fantasy story like telerites': all are good, as I am inclined to sell to the FF fan… :whee: